The Vikings

Remote Controller

I just have to wonder how bad they are 2nd guessing themselves on the Cousins trade and contract. They were much better with Keanum leading the team. It's not even close.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
What's most hilarious to me is I read an article from one on the local sports hacks and he was lamenting about how Cousins is playing the same way he did in Washington and how they (Vikings) expected so much improvement over what he had previously shown.

Newsflash: When someone shows you who they are, believe them!

They were full of wishful thinking by expecting Cousins to become something he never showed when he was in Washington.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
What's most hilarious to me is I read an article from one on the local sports hacks and he was lamenting about how Cousins is playing the same way he did in Washington and how they (Vikings) expected so much improvement over what he had previously shown.

Newsflash: When someone shows you who they are, believe them!

They were full of wishful thinking by expecting Cousins to become something he never showed when he was in Washington.
Well with one respect he had almost no help or tools in Washington to help. He was a producer in Washington with the little support he had. Plan in Minnesota was to have him, solid O-line and Cook at rb to take pressure off with real Wrs. However, in his first year, Cook blew out knee, O-line was awful and I believe he has reverted some.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
But Cousins problem has always been his wildly inconsistent accuracy. I remember watching Washington games when he was QB and that was always my take away. He has a tendency to miss wide open receivers very badly at seemingly the most crucial times in the game.

Walter34

Teams need to overpay for decent QBs. Minnesota was \ is a win now team generally solid on D and O but had the missing qb piece. Keenum had a good year with them, but like most career backups, his play was inconsistent and not sustainable. he, Fitzmagic, josh McCown and others have all had good spurts here and there but can't seem to sustain.

That said, he is not that bad. He seems to come up short in big games or when facing top 10 teams. It will be interesting to see how he does against the Bears D this week. Overall, the Vikes are a solid team that will contend for the playoffs this year.