THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
The first "true" National Champion will be crowned in a few short days.

Ohio St VS Oregon

Buckeyes Vs Ducks

Northwest VS Midwest

I personally think Oregon wins by double digits to capture its FIRST title.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
You mean TCU isn't the National Champion??

Nope. Overrated Alabama took a deserving spot.

Now to those of you who say FSU was worse...they never lost a game in the regular season. Can't argue that.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Yes, I do feel Alabama was over rated, as was Fl. St. I too agree as long as they were undefeated, they were going to get in.

TCU has a gripe, but when push came to shove, they lost a game and that cost them. As they continue to improve and show consistent success and dominance they will get more shots. OR join a better conference.

OSU deserved its slot, not Baylor or TCU instead.

Remote Controller

The only mistake, and it was a very big mistake was for the committee to say.......TCU, you are better than FSU the second to last week.......then TCU waxes ISU 55-3 ( or sumthin) and FSU squeaks buy Georgia Tech (I think) and suddenly........OOPS, do overs!!! FSU, you are in and TCU.....YOU LOST TO BAYLOR!!!

Phicinfan

Administrator
The only mistake, and it was a very big mistake was for the committee to say.......TCU, you are better than FSU the second to last week.......then TCU waxes ISU 55-3 ( or sumthin) and FSU squeaks buy Georgia Tech (I think) and suddenly........OOPS, do overs!!! FSU, you are in and TCU.....YOU LOST TO BAYLOR!!!
Yes I agree with you. However, I think the board would have been crucified more if they had not included Fl. St. since they have gone undefeated.

Remote Controller

I kinda think there thrashing at the hands of Oregon will be remembered and simply being undefeated might not be near as big a thing as the eye test, as everyone knew FSU was really that wasn't that good all year. (just good enough) No question that the other three teams deserved in.

JScott

Administrator
I kinda think there thrashing at the hands of Oregon will be remembered and simply being undefeated might not be near as big a thing as the eye test, as everyone knew FSU was really that wasn't that good all year. (just good enough) No question that the other three teams deserved in.

I agree with this. I think the "we won every game" argument is going to start losing it's luster some, as the strength of schedule starts increasing in value. Wasn't it Marshall that was undefeated right up until the end? Sooner or later a mid-major school will end up undefeated, and will say hey we were undefeated we deserve to be in the playoffs. The answer will be strength of schedule is keeping you out. And then the discussion will turn to, well why didn't it keep FSU out. Basically undefeated seasons will no longer trump who did you play in the upcoming years imho.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
OK...back to the game that is being played!!

Ohio State vs Oregon! What a game IMO, a ton of speed on BOTH sides....yes I said both sides...wait, the B10 can't have speed right?? Just watch, Urban has infused a lot of speed to this team and it will show tonight. They can play with any team out there and that includes the Ducks. I think this will be a good old fashion shootout for the title. Could look a lot like the USC/Texas classic from a few years back.

If Ohio State can avoid the turnovers, I think they have the formula to slow down the ducks just enough to grab the win and a National Title! Can't wait for this one and either way it has been fun to watch this Buckeye team grow this year and could not be prouder of how they have overcome adversity to get to this spot.

As a final note....How do you stop the Ducks??? A 12 Gauge of course!!

O-H-I-O!!!

Go Bucks!

Phicinfan

Administrator
All joking aside, would Oregon have won so dominantly if FSU had not basically given them the ball all those times? I don't think so.

I think OSU can hang in this game, and if it is close in the 4th qtr, that is right up their alley.

Only time will tell though.

Mike

Administrator
Gonna be a great game! Gotta root for the Ducks, simply because it would be un-American to root for the buckeyes ;)

cctekguy

Staff member
I liked the Buck-Eyes as a kid. I liked to count the stickers on their helmets so I would know who the really good players were.

I remember Rex Kern and John Brockington...and someone named Tatum but can't remember which Tatum he was.

...and Woody Hayes.

But that's about it.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Ohio State taking advantage of Oregon mistakes so far. Those drops on 3rd down have been as costly as turnovers.

Elliot is beating up the Ducks D on the ground!