The Lineup Doctor 2012

Post your start/sit questions here along with your league scoring for some help with those tricky matchups.

Happy football season to all!

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Appreciate the effort Chris.

Schaub @ Mia or Alex Smith @ GB? Am I over thinking myself with liking Smith trying to match Rogers?

All TD's = 6 points.

Thanks buddy!

Appreciate the effort Chris.

Schaub @ Mia or Alex Smith @ GB? Am I over thinking myself with liking Smith trying to match Rogers?

All TD's = 6 points.

Thanks buddy!

I like the garbage time factor for Smith plus the fact that even when Schaub was healthy last year Houston ran the ball much more than they aired it out.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
It's a wee bit scary when we think alike. Thanks! $500 fantasy v-bucks deposited into your account. :wink:

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Standard scoring w/ .5 ppr

Unfortunately I need to drop one of these WR's for a kicker...

Kendall Wright, Greg Little or Sidney Rice. My initial thought was to drop Wright, just wanted to get another opinion before I pull the trigger.

Glad to see the Dr. back in action for 2012!

Unfortunately I need to drop one of these WR's for a kicker...

Kendall Wright, Greg Little or Sidney Rice. My initial thought was to drop Wright, just wanted to get another opinion before I pull the trigger.

Glad to see the Dr. back in action for 2012!

Yep I agree with dropping Wright...Little caught 61 balls with no college and the lockout, and I think Rice's upside is higher than Wright's.

realmwalker

Great to see ya back Chris!

Here goes -- WR/ TE Dilemma
Standard Scoring (ALL TD's 6 Points, bonus pt for 100+ yds receiving)

Must start 2 WR and 1 FLEX (only WR/TE):

Options:
Greg Jennings
Hakeem Nicks

Malcolm Floyd
Brandon Pettigrew
Darrius Hayward-Bey
Steve Smith (Rams)

The WR in BOLD are current starters but I am wondering if I shouldn't start Pettigrew(vs STL) over M.Floyd(vs. OAK). Thoughts DoC?

RLLD

RB Corps:
Arian Foster
Demarco Murray
Fred Jackson
Mark Ingram
Ben Tate

WR Corps
Julio Jones
Eric Decker
Brandon Lloyd
Robert Meachem

I am thinking I start Foster/Murray and Jones/Decker. But I can see an argument to start Jackson over Decker in a RB/RB/RB/WR set. Or is Lloyd a better option than both Decker and Jackson?

Remote Controller

RB Corps:
Arian Foster
Demarco Murray
Fred Jackson
Mark Ingram
Ben Tate

WR Corps
Julio Jones
Eric Decker
Brandon Lloyd
Robert Meachem

I am thinking I start Foster/Murray and Jones/Decker. But I can see an argument to start Jackson over Decker in a RB/RB/RB/WR set. Or is Lloyd a better option than both Decker and Jackson?
Something I just stumbled across and thought I'd pass on.

"Jackson, now 31, amassed 120 total yards from scrimmage in his lone meeting against New York last season. The Jets have had trouble containing running backs recently and yielded 14 touchdowns to the position last year, along with an average of 17.2 Fantasy points per game."

RLLD

Something I just stumbled across and thought I'd pass on.

"Jackson, now 31, amassed 120 total yards from scrimmage in his lone meeting against New York last season. The Jets have had trouble containing running backs recently and yielded 14 touchdowns to the position last year, along with an average of 17.2 Fantasy points per game."

And in the process, making my decision ever more difficult...

Great to see ya back Chris!

Here goes -- WR/ TE Dilemma
Standard Scoring (ALL TD's 6 Points, bonus pt for 100+ yds receiving)

Must start 2 WR and 1 FLEX (only WR/TE):

Options:
Greg Jennings
Hakeem Nicks

Malcolm Floyd
Brandon Pettigrew
Darrius Hayward-Bey
Steve Smith (Rams)

The WR in BOLD are current starters but I am wondering if I shouldn't start Pettigrew(vs STL) over M.Floyd(vs. OAK). Thoughts DoC?

I think you're set with what you have....Rivers owns Oakland and Floyd should be in line for a big game with Mathews out.

RB Corps:
Arian Foster
Demarco Murray
Fred Jackson
Mark Ingram
Ben Tate

WR Corps
Julio Jones
Eric Decker
Brandon Lloyd
Robert Meachem

I like Foster/Jackson/Jones/Decker

Pittsburghs secondary is beat up and Manning will have air it out this week. Like RC said F/Jax has good success against NYJ and should be a low scoring game with plenty of carries and rec. out if the backfield. Giants secondary is where Dallas looks to exploit mismatches, running lanes will be tough to find.

I like the wait and see approach with Lloyd this week if possible and you have the options to do that.

jjtweeks

McMurray, Ridley, Turbin
McMurray will be playing in heavy rain
Turbin might get the start if Lynch's back spasms continue
Ridley gets the start
Pick 1
Leaning a little towards Ridley seeing as titans have a poor run d

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
A couple of questions at WR...

Question #1 - Sidney Rice @ Arz, Greg Little vs Phi or Reggie Wayne @ Chi

Question #2 - Nate Washington vs NE or Eric Decker vs Pit

Thanks

McMurray, Ridley, Turbin
McMurray will be playing in heavy rain
Turbin might get the start if Lynch's back spasms continue
Ridley gets the start
Pick 1
Leaning a little towards Ridley seeing as titans have a poor run d

Ridley for me as well. Vereen's foot is still nagging, so if ever there was a week to start Ridley with any sort of confidence I'd say it is this week.