Texans to trade Schaub to Raiders?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Adam Schefter reports the Texans are expected to trade Matt Schaub to the Raiders for a late-round pick in the 2014 draft.

I'm sorry Oakland but what in the hell are y'all doing on the Left Coast? You're going to pay $11M this year for a QB that was benched in favor of "who?" A nobody, that's who. (My apologies to the kid's mom if she is reading this thread). Thank you Lord that you didn't create me to be a member of the Raider nation.

Jackson

The Green Phoenix
Staff member
Florio at PFT made the point, if they pay Schaub $11 million, they may roll with him and McGloin as the back-up to try and win now and eschew a quarterback at #5 in the draft. I think that's unacceptable. The Raiders have to find somebody they like out of Bortles, Bridgewater, Manziel, or even Carr. That franchise is going nowhere with Schaub. I think Schaub has completely lost it, but even if he gets back the best of him, he's 32 and was never elite to begin with. There's no upside, and unless the Raiders are smokescreen their intentions in the draft, I've lost faith in this regime if I'm a Raiders fan.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
This little write up on rotoworld pretty much sums up most of our feelings about the knuckle-headed Raider trade.

"
Raiders acquired QB Matt Schaub from the Texans in exchange for a 2014 sixth-round draft pick.

Same story, different year. The Raiders have now traded for Carson Palmer, Matt Flynn, and Schaub over the last four years, none remotely a long-term solution or even a viable short-term fix. Schaub, 33 in June, was benched for Case Keenum in Houston last year and has a 16:20 TD-to-INT ratio since Thanksgiving of 2012. The fact that any team -- let alone a Raiders squad that should be holding onto draft picks with a vice grip -- gave up compensation for this player is utterly incomprehensible. Schaub has a $10 million base salary plus $1 million in per-game roster bonuses due in 2014. He's a lock to open the season as Oakland's starting quarterback, regardless of what happens at the No. 5 overall pick. This trade was a job well done by Texans GM Rick Smith. "

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
Florio at PFT made the point, if they pay Schaub $11 million, they may roll with him and McGloin as the back-up to try and win now and eschew a quarterback at #5 in the draft. I think that's unacceptable. The Raiders have to find somebody they like out of Bortles, Bridgewater, Manziel, or even Carr. That franchise is going nowhere with Schaub. I think Schaub has completely lost it, but even if he gets back the best of him, he's 32 and was never elite to begin with. There's no upside, and unless the Raiders are smokescreen their intentions in the draft, I've lost faith in this regime if I'm a Raiders fan.

Wait, are you trying to imply that you did have faith in them at some point in time?