Tebow to bypass draft and return for his senior season

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Quarterback Tim Tebow says he will return to Florida for his senior season.

Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press

Did he just help or hurt himself by staying?

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
He's going to be an H-Back at the next level and a likely 2nd - 4th rd pick, so i would go back as well.....I think most expected him to return. As chris stated, if he can show he can develop a passing game he may even convince someone he can be a pro QB, but I expect that to be a long shot.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I disagree, he if used right, he has a skill set that will fit into that H-back type roll and he could have a nice fit as a role player at the next level.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
that is why I don't see him in the 2nd round......I see him as a 2nd day choice. 2nd round would be in absolute best case scenrio.

But don't underestimate the power of the GM to take a flyer on an athlete....remember Matt Jones.....QB in the first as a WR based purely on athletic ability.

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
yeah, i just dont see tebow as having that kind of athletic ability. hes a college stud who has done everything and more. i just dont see that translating much into the nfl.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
If he's smart, he'll go straight into politics. Guy could easily be a future president of u.s.a.

Well he is off to a good start in his campaign for Governor of Florida. Coming back a 4th year is the better business decision. Whether it be broadcasting, politics, business, sales, or ministry, Tebow well do just fine in the Sunshine State post football.