Superbowl: Ravens/49ers

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
It's hard for me to gage which team the locals will be pulling for. Yeah I know that the Big Easy is a NFC city but these are the 9ers we're talking about. A team that thumped our butts for years in the old NFC West. The team that kept us out of the playoffs a couple of times. I do know that Saint's fans are thrilled that the Dirty Birds aren't coming to town. If they'd have won, as the home team they'd have used the Saint's dressing room and on talk radio many fans were not taking kindly to that idea.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
San Fracisco opened as a 4.5 point favorite for the game but has been bet down to a 3.5 point favorite today. Ravens= underdogs. The exact roll they thrive in. They've already won as a 9 point dog in the playoffs this year and followed that up winning as an 8 point dog last weekend. Throw in the fact that in the last 11 superbowls the dogs are 8-3 vs the spread and you'll see why that line will drop some more.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Having the Ravens as the underdogs makes sense to me, they were struggling toward the end of the season. Still, this will be a low scoring game in my opinion, so folks looking for high scores will be disappointed.

Remote Controller

-cut and pasted from another thread-

I'm not a Ray Lewis fan at all, but like all of the players on the offensive side of the ball. I like the Raven's Harbaugh brother much better than the 49er version, but am just an NFC fan. I will definitly be pulling for Kap, Gore, Davis, and the niner defense to totally crush every fake emotion in Rays knotted head. Niners all the way. The Ravens coach can handle it, I don't know if the niners version could survive the loss and not be institutionalized.

efactor

Coming at you
This will not be a low scoring game. The Ravens defense is not nearly what it used to be, and SF can put points on the board. The Niner defense is not nearly what it was last year, and teams have moved the ball on them all season.

That said, SF has too much fire power and Kaepernick is being underrated still. Kid won't fall apart on the big stage. Ravens made a good run, but it's over now.

SF wins their 6th Super Bowl

Niners 34
Ravens 21

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Just being in the Quarter on game day would be big enough for me. I've done Saint's games outside of the stadium before and even that is a hail of a party.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
The Ravens have the best defense the 49ers will be facing during these playoffs, the Falcons held Kapp to only 20+ yards on the ground with a far weaker DL & LB's than Baltimore, plus the Ravens secondary spells defeat for San Fran.

Ravens win by a nose thanks to the ever shaky PK D.Akers missing a clutch FG

efactor

Coming at you
The Falcons "held" Kaepernick to 20 yards rushing because they played him on the read option, allowing Gore and James to have running lanes. That's the whole idea of that offense, to make the defense account for the QB rushing. Pick your poison I guess.

I don't think many actually think the Ravens win the game, they just want them to because they don't want SF to win. Sorry................

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
well no one thought they would beat Manning in Denver and Brady in New England and we see how that turned out...

efactor

Coming at you
Of course they can win. They are a very good team. I just think SF is better.

Can't wait for Super Bowl Sunday. 18 years is a long wait................

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
A bit of useless info:

Under Harbaugh the Ravens are 11-0 when they have 2 or more weeks to prepare for a game....:biggrin:

cctekguy

Staff member
Under Harbaugh the Ravens are 11-0 when they have 2 or more weeks to prepare for a game....:biggrin:

I want to see 11 instances where the Ravens HAD 2 or more weeks to prepare. Harbaugh has only been there 5 years. They've been to 1 Super Bowl (that's one), they've had 5 bye weeks (technically, only 13 days to prepare) so I guess that makes 6.

Where are the other 5?

Tell me you aren't counting opening day as 2 weeks to prepare. There is only a week between the pre-season and the regular season and last I checked teams prepare for pre-season games.

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
They have never been to the Superbowl.... They are undefeated after the byes, when they were the #2 seed last year and every opening game. You don't think they are preparing for their 1st opponent before the pre season is over? That would be a bit absurd to me