Superbowl 2015, Pats/Hawks: Who wins?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
And who are you pulling for? IMO the SeaHawks will win the game and since I can't stand either team I'll pull for the winner, aka the SeaHawks. Is anyone pulling for the Patriots? Does anyone expect them to win? :eek:

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Two key things for the Seahawks in order to win...
1. Get pressure on Brady. This is HUGE... Their great D starts with getting pressure with 4 guys up front. If they can't, the rest of their D starts to look more and more human.
2. Darrel Bevell needs to call a good game. Run the focking ball from the get go! Then run a little more! I wanna see more designed runs for the leading rushing QB in the league too. Establish the run and the pass game will be just fine as long as the receivers catch the damn ball.

I'll be rooting my ass off for Seattle and I expect them to play up to their potential and win this game.

JScott

Administrator
CTL and I are of the same opinion that the SEA running game (Lynch) is key. The Patriots are known for trying to take away the thing their opponents do best, and Lynch is just that. I would expect an emphasis on stopping the run, and this includes the D linemen not getting too far up field, in order to minimize the lanes for Wilson to run. I think NE would be very happy to get up early, to force SEA into throwing more, and won't be afraid of Baldwin and Kearse versus their secondary.

I also agree about the pressure on Brady. Heck even with no pressure it will be tough against the LoB, but with guys in his face or no room to step up Brady will have a bad day. I think they have the personnel to cover Gronk too. It's the small, quick guys like Edelman that have given them trouble though. And I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of double-moves early, to test LoB's aggressiveness.

One miscellaneous note, I think NE is going to use Deflategate to get into F U mode and be more focused.

24-20 NE

cctekguy

Staff member
The Patriots are known for trying to take away the thing their opponents do best, and Lynch is just that. I would expect an emphasis on stopping the run, and this includes the D linemen not getting too far up field, in order to minimize the lanes for Wilson to run.

I agree with what JScott offers here. I don't think Seattle can just go in and run it down New England's throat.

Wilson is gonna have to set up the run with the pass. Scary, I know, but unless Seattle can show the ability to move the ball thru the air and get the linebackers out of the box then it'll be hard to outscore Brady and Co. It doesn't have to be "The Greatest Show On Turf" or anything. Dink and Dunk would work just fine as long as it gets players other than Lynch involved... Keeping in mind that this is all to give Lynch room to run.

I got $100 riding on Seattle so I'm a little nervous. They played pretty terrible (offensively) against GB and I'm afraid if they choose the same game plan again that they will fall behind early again and I don't think you can expect the same miracles again.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
A couple other misc that could factor...

Seahawks used to playing and winning in Glendale. Pats not so much.

Browner could provide some insight to Pats on tendancies of the LOB.

Seahawks fans were loud last year back east.. They could make some noise in a dome game out west.

These teams haven't met for a few years and I think this benefits Seattle.

Should be a great game, definitely the 2 best teams over the course of this season.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I would love to see Seattle win back to back, especially vs. New England the last team to do it. But I think Seattle pays for its lack of a big time receiver in this game, as I think NE can slow Lynch down.

Plus, I think NE will have a huge chip on their shoulder due to Deflategate. I will go NE here, 27 to 17

efactor

Coming at you
I'll be in Cabo so won't be watching due to having way better things to do. The NFL has focked the game up so bad that unless SF is playing, I don't watch much anymore. Used to watch everything I could, but when games get decided on penalties where someone hit somebody too hard or the wrong person too hard, it's a little too much.

That said, I think NE wins by a TD. Gronk has a big game.........

cctekguy

Staff member
Enjoy Cabo! I hear it's nice.

I'll also not be watching but not because I have better things to do.

Just... meh.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
took me all week to decide who I think will win.... In the end, too much defense from the Hawks.... Seattle wins 23 to 17

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
Patriots will follow Green Bay's plan to keep Wilson in the pocket and make him win it with his arm. I don't think he can do it. As much as it pains me to say, NE wins by double digits

Rooting for Seahawks

Last edited: