Sleeper/bustre

ExperiencedRookie

Name a couple sleepers and busts for their ADP value at every position.

QB
Bust: Andrew Luck. Still being way over drafted on the back of his 2014 season. Honestly, I don't see a whole lot here to love. The guy is mega talented, but I really don't think his weapons are all that special. He makes them good, not the other way around. Shaky offensive line and a sub par run game to help him out.
Bust: Tom Brady. While his 4 game suspension keeps his ADP in the fair range, this isn't a guy I have on any teams. In fact, I believe the only Pat I'm rostering anywhere is James White in one league. The QB age cliff is coming, and it could very well be this year.
Sleeper: Jameis Winston. Jameis is being selected as the #15 QB. There's no doubt in my mind that he has the upside and weapons to shock the hell out of us with a blow up year. It seems there is at least one of these guys every year, and there's kind of a trend among the type of player and selection range.

Cam Newton did it. Russ did it it. Luck did it. All young players who were drafted far outside the top 5 or even top 10 that made a meteoric rise. Bortles, Cousins, Tyrod all come to mind as recent young or inexperienced QBs who blew up.

With Evans, Vjax, and a couple good pass catching RBs in tow, this could easily be Jameis' turn.

Matthew Stafford: He's being taken one spot below Jameis, and it's mostly on the notion of "Well, Calvin is gone...so he's screwed". I'm not so sure about that. The Detroit offense really starting humming under new O coordinator Cooter, and he's around for year 2. The weapons here are all underrated in my opinion. Golden and Marvin Jones are underrated. If Ebron can get healthy he has a chance to be a breakout player. Multiple good RBs in the pass game. Situation could be a lot like Jax last year. Can't run the ball, can't play much defense. Game flow slants towards passing

Ryan Tannehill. This one is more of a gut call than anything. He comes with a price tag as being the 21st QB off the board, and should easily return value on that slot. Landry is a chain mover and Parker seems to be on a lot of sleeper lists this year. Throw in Foster as one of the best pass catching RBs in the league, and a low level rushing attack, and it's a recipe for lots of passing attempts. New head coach Adam Gase is a nice addition as well.

RB Busts
Adrian Peterson. That's right. My #1 DND player this year. 31 years old. 2400 career carries. Historically, this has rarely ever worked. The guy should be coming at a discount of a late 2nd round pick, but he never drops that far. The risk is simply too much.

Lamar Miller. The reasons for him being a late 1st round pick are warranted. He's a solid young runner in a plus type offense, with pass catching value, who essentially has no one pushing him for touches. These are the types of things that push value.

Something spooks me though. The biggest red flag for me is the fact that we haven't even hit week 1, and that offensive line is already pretty beat up. Starting center is done for the year. Neither starting guard has played in the preseason. Only one of them projects to be ready for week 1. Now I'm hearing that the LT is dinged up. Not good. You also have to factor in that this is a offense that returns the least amount of starters in the league. Can they gel as a unit when the O line is a mish mash? For me...I'm looking elsewhere in the 1st round.

Jamaal Charles. He's another version of AP for me. If you're all about high risk high reward, then Charles is your guy. He's 29 and coming off his 2nd reconstructive knee surgery. When he's right, he's among the best in the league. My worry is that he's not right. No sign of him in the preseason, and the most recent reports are that he might not be ready for week 1. The last place you want your 2nd round pick to be to start the season is where he's at. Still recovering from a gruesome injury.

RB Sleepers

Jeremy Langford. One of the few RBs in round 4 or later that you can feel comfortable about as a 3 down player. He's got big play ability, should have 40+ catches, and see a fair amount of goal line work. There's some worry about the O line, but the upside is here with the value of where you draft him to take the risk. Only real difference between him and a player like Lamar Miller is track record. Grab him!

Carlos Hyde. The other RB in the Langford range that has top 10 potential. Easily the more talented of the 2 players, but he doesn't quite check every box that Langford does. The jury is still out on how he can be featured in the pass game, but if he can prove himself as a receiver, Chip will use him. The biggest question is the offensive unit in general. Usage should be high, but can that offense sustain drives and stay in enough games to work the game flow in a RBs direction? For his price tag, I'm willing to find out.

Derrick Henry. At some point, you're going to have to pick a guy in a time share, and there's not much better choices than this dude. The Tennessee offense is looking improved, and they seem like they'll be committed to running the ball. Murray is getting up there in age and usage, and of all of the situations where a "lead RB" could go down, this is the one where I want to own the cuff. He presents enough usefulness without a DeMarco injury, and top 10 upside if Murray were to go down. I think he's a fantastic pick in keeper leagues where you can hold a player from year to year at the cost of whatever round you selected the player in.

WR Busts

Dez Bryant. I don't think I have to spell this one out for you. We're looking at half the season with a 4th round rookie QB throwing the ball. There's going to be some very humbling moments for Dak. I can't think of a single season where a rookie QB made his top WR weapon worth a 1st round value.

Jordy Nelson. Call it a gut feeling. Call it risk adversion. Call it whatever. This guy hasn't landed on a single one of my teams. Maybe I'm just scared of veteran players returning from knee surgery. I know I shouldn't really fear him this much considering his history with Rodgers, but I do. I can't even really make a strong case here, but I'm still staying away before the 3rd round.

Sleepers

Michael Floyd. I love this guys talent. I love his stats once he got healthy last year. I love his game tape. I love the fact that Larry Fitzgerald is getting old. I love the offense that he plays in. I love where he's being drafted.

Marvin Jones. I know I shouldn't be putting too much stock into the preseason, but I'm all in on this guy. He looks great out there and Stafford seems to like him. There's not exactly a lot of competition for targets, and I think he could actually outperform Golden Tate while going 2-3 rounds later. Solid red zone target.

Tajae Sharpe. This kid has a lower ceiling than most, but he's a likeky candidate to lead all rookie WRs in targets. Opportunity is huge in this game, and the doors are wide open here. Tennessee probably doesn't figure to be a prolific passing offense, but Sharpe has the size and route running ability to not be just a chain mover but a red zone target.

TE Busts

Gary Barnidge. Why Gary, why? Why are you fm eing drafted as the #7 fantasy TE? You had 1 good season in 8 years, and now your offensive coordinator and QB has changed. The team added Corey Coleman and Josh Gordon is coming back. There's a 30% drop in targets coming for a guy who is a career after thought. DND.

Jordan Reed. Great talent, but for the price tag I just can't get on board. One concussion away from seriously needing to look at hanging up the pads. It's not just the head injuries either. Guy has risk written all over him. Love the talent, love the situation, but he's being taken far too high for me.

Sleepers

Vance McDonald. He doesn't even have a 12 team ADP on FFC right now, which is just silly. Bruce Ellimgton is done for the year, Torrey has looked abysmal in the preseason, and SF is devoid of quality pass catchers. Had a nice little run going with Gabbert at QB to close the year in 2015. He's a young developing TE heading for a breakout year. Wouldn't be surprised if he's this years version of 2015 Jordan Reed.

Dwayne Allen. Indy had the opportunity to lock up a TE last year. They let Fleener walk and retained Allen. Sure, that might be because Fleener can't block, and Allen might be stuck to the O line more often than I'd like. Still, the last time Luck played 16 healthy games, this dude had 10 TDs while sharing duties with Fleener. Probably not a great PPR play, but he's got great upside in standard.

Who you got?

Remote Controller

Under Valued
Qb's - Tyrod, Tannehil, Stafford
RB's - Gordon, Ivory, Crowell
Wr's - Crabtree, Jones, Austin, Aiken, Funchess
Te's - Gates, Witten according to ADP's and Green, Cook according to extreme late value

Remote Controller

Sleepers -
Qb's - Osweller
Rb's - D Washington, Buck Allen, Morris
Wr's - Abbredaris, Tyrell Williams, Braxton Miller
Te's - Donnell, James

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Qb's
overrated:
Luck - agree with ER, this guy gets taken way too early, and I have not seen the cocky confident rookie Qb, he looks scared, and with that O-line he should. Add to that no real run game to protect him or lean on...and yikes.
Roethlisberger - yup, you heard it here first. Love him as a Qb, love the tools he has, but the O-line still has issues, and he loves to sit and take the big hit....and he gets hurt. Don't see him making it through 16 games...and probably not 14.
Ryan - he dropped huge this year, and I STILL think he is over valued.
Cam Newton - first Qb taken in almost all the drafts I have done, and he look awful right now, and the team seems to be falling into the lost superbowl funk. I thought for sure he would be better with Olsen, Funchess and Benjamin back. He just looks lost again, and I think Carolina gets rocked and rocked hard. Superman may have just found his Kryptonite
Dalton - lost M.Jones and Sanu to FA, then TE got hurt in pro-bowl and will be lucky to be back by week 4, and back up TE has knee issue, that leaves A.J. and rookie(Boyd has looked good though). I think Bengals will still win, but it will be run more imo.

At right value:
Stafford - do think offense will be better, but I think they run more as well.
Rivers - solid middle of draft selection, and has tools to work with.
Carr - love the Raiders and the toys they have
Brady - he is going mid draft which may be a tad high for a four game suspension, but with Gronk, Edelmen, Bennett and some others he will still be Brady.
Wilson - goes early but will once again be successful.

underated - and should be had:
Siemian - Kid gets it, he is smart and has incredible tools. He grabbed the job from a Qb they TRADED for, and beat out the uber rookie. You can't deny the Wrs they have, TEs and Rbs and they made Manning a two time Superbowl champ...and he was AWFUL.
Tannehill - Call it a gut feeling like ER, but Gase is a QB guru, and they have really good Wrs to work with. O-line has been fixed, and if they can run at all(Foster will only last 4-6 weeks) they will be very successful. He made Cutler real again, so Tannehill can't be far behind.
Cousins - love this kid, was so glad he got a shot and he produced hugely. But he is still undervalued. Has DJax, Garcon and Rookie to throw to, plus a top TE when healthy. Kid should be gold, and you can get him damn late.
Mariota - he has probably one of the best O-line's now. he has two rbs that will carry the ball a ton, and he has one of the top Te's in Walker, and rookie Wr in Sharpe that will catch the ball. What really makes him go up though, is he will run more this year.

Rbs:
Over rated:
Lamar Miller - yes he has the team that loves to run, and yes he has shown flashes, but gut says he can't handle the work load.
Lacy - on a great offense, and still carrying the bulk. Look for mid-season and he will be sharing time with Starks again.
Gurley - going 2nd round and will be boxed in this year due to bad Qb and passing game. How does Fisher still have a job?
Hyde - already down with concussion, on a so so offense. Being taken way too early
C.J. Anderson - has got incredible talent and a great offense - but he will get dinged up, and unfortunately for him, Booker is behind him to take over. Talent wins out.
Abdullah - he is not the best back in Detroit, and if he fumbles like last year, he won't see the field that much. Riddick will catch and Zenner will run.

Right level:
Forte - if you are in ppr you have to love Forte. yeah he is old, but he can run, catch and Fitz has a noodle arm.
Ingram - they will run with him, and all he does is produce, but def is bad, so will have to pass alot to keep up in score.
Freeman - so much for Coleman taking over, but team is starting to look bad on off. Still should be about where he was last year.
Hill - they will need to run more and he is the main ground guy.
Gordon - he seems to have finally gotten it, and he is at a good value draft slot.
Martin - if Jamies can continue to improve and Martin can stay healthy he is a good value.

Under rated:
Langford - kid is going to be really good for Chicago
Sproles - look at what Charles was for KC in passing game, and then realize Matthews can't do that. Someone has to be that rb and I think it is Sproles and he is going extremely late. in PPR this is what is called gold.
Ivory - he is the durable work horse Jax needs, just not sure he will be used as well as he could with Yeldon there already.

Wrs:
Over rated;
Any Wr in NE even Edelmen - why? Cause Hogan is Edelmen next year. And Bennett will be the Hernandez they loved using a few years ago with Gronk.
Jeffries - I think White is better, and he is being drafted round or two later.
Bryant - love Dak, but Dak aint a healty Romo and he will blow his lid and the season will tank.
Hilton and Moncrief - all I hear is how good they are, then I see Luck, and the O-Line and the fact they will throw alot but to too many targets and I see wasted draft pick.
Watkins - love this kid, and his talent, but he gets hurt often, and Qb likes to run and HC WILL run alot.

under rated:
Nelson - gets taken end of first or early second round and will be best Wr for GB.
Snead - love Cooks, love M.Thomas the rookie, but they want a tall kid to push the markers and that is Snead.
G.Tate - everyone loves M.Jones and I think he is solid, but when it comes to trust - its Tate not Jones.
J.Landry - he is getting taken in mid 4th round, and in Gase's offense he will only be even better. That is scary.

efactor

Coming at you
I never take Cam because I'm not a QB early guy, but he will have a great season this year. Preseason means nothing. More weapons than last year and once the real season starts, game on.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
When I talk to people and mention Luck being a bust I get the 'why do you have 2 heads' glare but I don't see him as being an elite scorer. Too many turnovers cause the O will be so reliant on his production to be successful.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
To me Luck loses due to expectations. He was to be the next Peyton Manning and had a pretty darn good rookie year. But the off. line is awful, the running game is awful, and he is a sitting duck, even with his athleticism.

It is one reason I think you can get away with a Dak Prescott in Dallas. You have probably the best O-line in the game, you have a dynamic Rb in Elliot, and stud Wr in Bryant. Not to mention a veteran TE in Witten. He has all the tools to be successful.

The main reason I am against starting rookie Qbs is that most teams with "stud" rookie Qbs are awful, and don't have the support in place to make them successful. This is one reason I applaud Cleveland - they needed to completely gut the team, and why pay HUGE money on a young Qb that will get killled, instead plug and play some vets and rebuild with the draft picks.

Wentz in Philly could be a mess. O-line isn't awful, but the Wrs are. Again, though you have Ertz and Celek at Te and Sproles at Rb to help. So there may be some hope for him.

LA has it right as well, they have Gurley, but no off. line, and Wrs are ....questionable at best. Save Goff for when you have the tools, and let Keenum get killed this year.