Saints to hire Rob Ryan as new DC

Coachnorm

The New Orleans Saints plan to hire former Dallas Cowboys assistant coach Rob Ryan as their new defensive coordinator, according to league sources.

Not a done deal yet, but rumored to be all but done.

Last edited by a moderator:

gizzil

Re: Saints to hire Rex Ryan as new DC

Didnt get it when it said rex... i kinda like this hire though

Coachnorm

Re: Saints to hire Rex Ryan as new DC

Didnt get it when it said rex... i kinda like this hire though

Sorry, my bad on the title.... even though it was after 10 am I was still just working on my first cup of coffee and it hadn't taken effect yet, Doh.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Be it injuries, lack of talent, or whatever it doesn't seem like Rob has had near the statistical success as Rex. Still, no where to go but up for that Saints unit.

gizzil

I agree... and the cowboys did show flashes when he first arrived... he might be a good foil for payton also... like the loud rough around the edges guy to payton's cerebral more calculated approach and appearance... plus i aint even so sure payton's return wont also help that unit - oh and dont trip coach haha i was just like WHAAAT haha

Last edited by a moderator:

cctekguy

Staff member
I think it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Maybe some early success, as Giz mentioned, but I smell more trouble in the crescent city.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
ok, he is replacing a guy who was posting bounties on players. How much worse can it be?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
He's replacing the guy who replaced the guy posting bounties.

I have been told by those of a female nature that rebound guys never work out and don't count. :biggrin: So the guy in the middle doesn't count.

gizzil

as long as he can figure out not to leave the most athletic player on the field in single man coverage he is better than gregg