Rookie TE`s in New England.....

MNJHNSN

Wow, the two rookies are looking mighty impressive. Some have been saying fantasy irrelevant. I dont agree.... But who is the man????? Gronk or A-Hern...

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Fred Davis is excellent late round insurance.

To answer the question, Id pay attention to Hernandez.
Posted via Mobile Device

Coachnorm

Fred Davis is excellent late round insurance.

To answer the question, Id pay attention to Hernandez.
Posted via Mobile Device

Davis and Cooley both fall into the close to fantasy relevant category, They won't produce stud numbers but as has been stated they can be had cheaply and both make good backups. But it is the exception to the rule. League structure also has a lot to do with it too, if it is flexible enough, In one league I'm in you don't have to start one but you can start 2 if you want to. McNabb loves TEs and having both Cooley and Davis could be a real boon to him. No one has stepped up as a legitimate #2 WR on the Redskins although Devin Thomas showed a spark in the first preseason game but he needs to follow that up with some consistent production.

If Sarge says watch Hernandez I would follow that lead. Sarge is one of the best judges of college horseflesh on the entire board.

Remote Controller

Fred Davis Pleads Guilty Twice --
Wed Aug 18, 2010 --from FFMastermind.com
The Fredericksburg Star reports Washington Redskins TE Fred Davis was an hour late to practice this afternoon because he was in Loudoun County General District court to plead guilty to two misdemeanor charges that stemmed from separate incidents earlier this year, court records show. Davis pleaded guilty to falsely identifying himself to law enforcement, a charge that stemmed from a May 7 incident. He received a 30-day suspended sentence and was fined the maximum $2,500, plus $116 in court costs, according to court records. A charge of driving under a suspended/revoked license was dropped today. Davis also pleaded guilty to a charge of driving under a suspended/revoked license, which he faced after being pulled over on April 7 for going 52 mph in a 35 mph-zone. He was given a 10-day suspended sentence, the maximum $2,500 fine, plus $116 in court costs. Also, his driver’s license was suspended for 90 days. The speeding charge was dropped today, records show.

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Aaron Hernandez is getting positive attention from his TC and preseason performances. So far... I'm really pleased that I picked up A-hern over Gronk in my dynasty league.

NE isn't famous for incorporating the TE in their dinner spread but I'm seeing that start to change and I'm hoping a more that just a trend.

Coachnorm

NE isn't famous for incorporating the TE in their dinner spread but I'm seeing that start to change and I'm hoping a more that just a trend.

Brady is very cabable of using a TE effectively which makes Hernandez interesting.

While we tend to give the Pats great grades for team management/assembly
they are not perfect at it. They have done a great job of reloading the team as they go and they have kept the team on the cutting edge for years. They have done some really nice drafting on the D side and find new talent to plug in and play very effectively. They are so good at this that they can even afford to let go some of their better D guys as soon as they deserve/want a big payday when their initial contracts run out. But if you look carefully one thing that they have not been really good at is drafting great talent on the Offensive side of the board. They have a great O but not really through drafting. Brady emerged and the rest was history at QB but when it comes to drafting O talent they haven't been all that hot. Moroney could be considered a semi-dud and the Ben Green-Elis Guy, Ho Hum. The rest of the RBs are older, cheaper, hanger ons that are utility back quality, great for the situations in which they use them. WR they have a great tandem with Moss and Welker, but traded to get both of them, but they didn't draft them. They have made some decent draft attempts at getting WRs over the years but have come up with duds over the years until drafting Edelman. They made a double draft stab at getting a TE with Gronk and Hermandez it will be interesting to see if Brady latches on to one of them as a major weapon, and he can utilize a weaponized TE.

If you watch NE when it comes to TEs it has been a lot like The Steelers. Heath Miller is an excellent weapon at TE. You can watch him have a couple of great games and find yourself saying wow he is great and they should use him all the time. But then Miller will disappear for a few games, what happened? Generally what happened is some dinged up linemen forces the Steelers to keep Heath Miller in to block for Roethlisberger. So if you have Miller check the opposing D to see how well they handle TEs like you normally do. But check the Steeler injury report to see if there are a couple of O lineman who didn't practice that week and are game time decisions, if so, Miller may be blocking the entire game. Miller is actually good enough that if he is being sent out to run patterns, how good the opposing D is with TEs doesn't really matter much as he will get his.

The Patriots are very similar in this fashion that if there are O line injuries their TEs become invisible. But part of this for the Pats is also that their recent TE have not been as big a threat as weapons as Heath Miller is. If that Talent level has changed at TE, Brady is very capable of making a TE into a fantasy weapon.