Romo says he will step up leadership role in 09

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Report: Tony Romo says he'll be different kind of Dallas Cowboys leader in 2009 - ESPN
Two days after he was publicly criticized by one of his franchise's icons, Tony Romo pledged to be a different kind of leader in 2009, The Dallas Morning News reported.
"I think leadership sometimes comes with your ability to perform and your personality," Romo said, according to the newspaper. "And some of it comes with experience. In a lot of ways, I think I've gotten to the point where I've gained experience.
"I'm definitely going to take a more active approach with that as we move forward from last year to this season," he said, according to the report. "I'll be very excited to get back out there and be with the guys and figure out a way to improve and get better and do the things we need to do to win. Period."

We'll see. He needs to remove his head from Jessica Simpson's ass first.

Mike

Administrator
I don't think this guy is anywhere near the failure level that Leinart is currently at.

I do want to see him be more of a leader, but I hope that it comes out naturally, not forced.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
I agree that Romo is nowhere near Leinart in terms of failure - but the guy has been given a great WR corps and the NFL's best TE. Even with all that he has yet to prove that he can be reliable, or clutch.

You can't deny that he has charisma and NFL-caliber leadership and it will be interesting to see how he tries to improve on that aspect of his career. I just question his talent because of his turnovers and inconsistency.

Remote Controller

Leinart has him whooped as far as busts go, but Romo has to step up big time to be back where people had him before last season. He took a major tumble in my opinion.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
You people take things to literally. I never said he was on Leinarts level, but he damn sure has the same disease, humping around with cover girls and seemingly not taking his job as seriously as he should. The guy needs to grow a pair, man up, and do his job. This guy disappears when you need him most late in the season.

freyguy

Pick to Click
I sometimes read those entertainment magazines only to see if there are any rumors about Tony and Jessica breaking up. Untill I see that, I don't and can't hold out any hope for Romo to show any leadership.