Regular season anger thread

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
I had a fantastic team after the draft...then injuries hit...half my team ended up on IR. Looks like I will go out with 9 or ten losses..ugh

MongerKhan

Staff member
C.j. spiller.

Doug Martin.

Randall Cobb

Tom Brady

I could continue with the list of disappointments

MongerKhan

Staff member
Both were first round picks..Spiller was a high risk high reward..Martin was supposed to be a stud..stupid Tampa

ExperiencedRookie

I'm pissed at myself at this point in the season too.

I have 3 leagues that I truly care about. Not once did I draft a single player from the Denver Broncos. I liked Peyton, but never landed him. I wasn't a fan of any of the offensive weapons though.

To imagine how good my teams would be had I taken a shot on Demaryius over Fitz at any point is frustrating.

ExperiencedRookie

I'm also mad for having to deal with relative newbie fantasy owners who cruise to 10-3 seasons, winning first place money, and ranking 5th in total scoring. All the meanwhile thinking that they've got this game completely figured out

gizzil

I was 2nd in points on the year in a league and made shrewd moves (if I do say so myself) having not made my first four picks (Trent Richardson especially) to do so. Didn't matter, I ended up in 7th, losing this final week to a 1-11 team who scored an impossible amount of points, especially for him in a league where points come at a premium... I see teams win every week in the 60s 70s and 80s... while I average 95 and often break 100-140 (Alshon Jeffery AND Eric Decker??/ wtf!!!). I still had an awesome week but to no avail. I outscored the leader of my division by 100 points, the guy who made it in my stead by almost 300 points, and the guy in first place overall by 68 points. What a bummer. Kinda sours me on the whole thing really. Doubting whether I should ever do this again.

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
Speaking of Luck...:eek: blah!

Pulling Reggie Bush as he's not a "mudder", Case Keenum in the middle of a game, and Charles not being able to score two tries from the 1 killed me two weeks ago. I may make the playoffs, but I'm second in total scoring and that week's loss really hurt! I lost by 5 pts. I now have to win this week or go home.

Gizzil, it's like a bad round of golf. Your zest for the game will return in the summer.

O yeah, and BYE WEEKS are terrible!

ExperiencedRookie

I'd love to play in a league where if 8 teams make the playoffs, 6 of them are by record and then the last 2 spots go to the remaining highest scorers.

This crap with being a top scorer and missing the playoffs is garbage

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Many might argue that the only thing you have any control at all over is the score your team puts up. You certainly don't control whether or not your opponent that week starts his best line up. I think total points scored in a season is the very best indicator of how good of a manager you are.

ExperiencedRookie

Many might argue that the only thing you have any control at all over is the score your team puts up. You certainly don't control whether or not your opponent that week starts his best line up. I think total points scored in a season is the very best indicator of how good of a manager you are.
Unfortunately, being a great manager can still land you in the consolation bracket

gizzil

I like the yahoo write up things on your matchup and hope the other people read them... mine from this week reads... "of the losses Sunnyvale Shitnamis has had, 6 were against opponents that topped their season average" uh... guess how many losses i had... It goes on and gives the record each team would have had against all the other teams every week... Why is this not the wy Fantasy football is scored??? A lightbulb went on brightly in my head... why nt??? is there a way to make this happen?? Is this not the truest measure of league dominance?? perhaps another way to root out some of the luck in who you match up against?? I get what you are saying, phicin, but really? In fantasy?? There's nothing you can do week to week to gameplan for your opponent or anything... you have to play your own team. The other team is arbitrary and random

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
no offense, but this is faulty thinking. Lets take Rook as the example. He is one of the top scoring teams in the league yes? But he has a terrible record. So, did he score all his points in one or two games? Or did his opponents out perform him, or were luckier than him.

It doesn't matter, cause he can be a top scorer, but if the other team scored more that week, he still loses. That is why the key is WINS not points.

ExperiencedRookie

Here a fun exercise. The following is true data. One of these teams finished at 10-3 and won the regular season. The other is my team which finished 5-8. A total of 8 points separate these two teams.

Which one is the 10-3 team based on the following amount of points scored weekly and why?

Team A
1. 82
2. 116
3. 88
4. 107
5. 118
6. 83
7. 117
8. 124
9. 124
10. 124
11. 114