Reggie Bush has microfracture surgery

Mike

Administrator
Does this mean they might need to consider taking his bust out of Canton? I am pretty sure they put one in there the day he was drafted.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Evidently it wasn't as bad as they thought:

The word "microfracture" may have alarmed New Orleans Saints fans. But running back Reggie Bush says his recent knee surgery was not as serious as it is being perceived, according to The New Orleans Times-Picayune.

I feel like I'm right on track," said Bush, who said he was off crutches in less than two weeks and expects to participate in the team's offseason training program, according to the report.

Bush said the surgical procedure, performed by Dr. James Andrews in Birmingham, Ala., was a chondroplasty, or cartilage repair, according to the report. The procedure, which Bush described as a "clean-up" to smooth out some cartilage in his knee, was not a full-fledged microfracture surgery, although some microfracture techniques were used, he said.

Microfracture surgery is typically used to address exposed bone in the knee -- which Bush says he does not have, according to The Times-Picayune.

So it was not really microfracture surgery...........uh....sure...

Link:Reggie Bush says he's already off crutches, will be ready for offseason workouts - ESPN

Mike

Administrator
This guy has been fighting with a bad knee for over a year now, but it wasn't as bad as they thought? OK.