Playoffs: 9ers @ Packers

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The 9ers/Packers game is expected to warm up to -5 degrees and/or lower with wind chills near -30. Home field advantage for the Packers? I think not. That's too dam cold period. The number of no shows will be interesting but playing football in weather that feels like -30 degrees has to hurt everyone. The 9ers, the fans, and yes even the Green Bay Packers. You can't get used to -30 degrees. Sure you could go sit for 3-4 hours in a large walk in freezer but guess what? It's not -30 even in one of those. I'm picking the 9ers with Gore and Kap running the ball to win over the Packers in a painful-butal contest.

Now if only it could be this cold for the superbowl this year maybe the NFL would learn a lesson.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
This should be a great game! I despise the 9ers so I'll take the Pack to pull the upset at home.

Arctic Dawgs

Lookin forward to this one. Have family (- estranged wife) coming over for the game. Hmm.. , first time I have called us a family since I locked her out over a year ago. Fans of mixed teams but daughter and I are GB, oldest son is SF. Menu is my Jamaican Jerk wings and Nachos during game and smoked Pulled Pork and West Coast Potato Salad (shimp and diced Jalepno instead of ham) after the game.

No Big Screen, but I am sure many can remember how much fun it is with a dozen people crowded around a 32" can be. At least it is HD

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
The forecast for Green Bay has improved ever so slightly but it still sux a big one.

Weather.com projects it to be near 5 degrees when the game starts, with a wind chill near -14 degrees, and it will only get colder. Winds will be whipping at 18-19 MPH. There's a 20-30 percent chance of snow during the game.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
6-0 the 49ers lead. Two long drives come up short of the end zone. Thus far Packers offense could have stayed in bed. End of the 1st quarter.

efactor

Coming at you
Kaep steps up. I had my doubts but got to give the kid some props today.

Good win. I think they beat Carolina next week.