Players Who Are What We Thought They Are

Rocket

Rock the Rocket
In preseason, we had perceptions of players and projections of how they will produce. Based on team(mates), age, experience, we all had different expectations from the experts.

Now after one month of football, this thread discusses all the "they are who we thought are" players.

(Try to skip the obvious players.)

Here's a few from my thoughts elsewhere:

1. Christian McCaffrey: posted somewhere, "too small to run between the tackles, he's gonna be the second coming of D. Sproles", grabbing 50 rec, 500-600 yards, and 2-3 TDs projection in 2017. He's overdrafted.

2. Jordan Howard: In a keeper league, an owner offer me Howard for my 1st round pick. My 1st round pick is technically the 6th round pick, since we keep five (16-teams). I passed on Howard. Yip yip.

Misfires:
1. Jay Ajahi: knew about the knee, but thought he should come out firing on all cyclinders. Boo.

2. Tyreek Hill: Thought he was overdrafted. I stand corrected. He is a jack of all trades.

With another owner, we bet between Abdullah and Ingram and the winner is the one with more total points by Week 17, regardless of injury. Since it's the Kamara Show in Nawlins, Abdullah is in the lead.

Share here your players that are taking you to the championship or taking you to the dumpster fire sale.

861635404a69260be2a13557475e4641.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I knew Gurley was due an upswing in production but I'm happy the he has exceeded my great expectations.

Cooper has sucked, who knew?

Duke Johnson and the Crow right where I expected.

Alex Smith= Good Googly Gooks. Who saw that one coming? I'm glad I grabbed him after week 1 and have been starting him since.

James White has fallen below my hopes but for a Belly-Check back I can't complain.

FTR David Johnson is miles below my expected production. :(

ExperiencedRookie

Matt Ryan "is who I thought he was".

He has always been a fringe QB1. Multiple seasons finishing anywhere from QB10-QB20. It's ALWAYS been who he is.

Then 2016 happens. He was drafted as QB22 that year. 22!! Then finishes as QB2.

Gets ranked as QB4 going into 2017. I knew that was some bull shit. Currently sitting as QB18...as per usual. Just another extreme case of recency bias.

It was almost like no one cared that his O coordinator was gone.

Outside of maybe Amari or Crow, I think this guy is the biggest bust of 2017 so far.

efactor

Coming at you
Haha, after 4 weeks.... SMH

Rocket likes to listen to himself talk, so take it all with a grain of salt.

Howard has had one bad game where he got hurt, 2 solid games and 1 huge game. Very happy with him as an early to mid 2nd round pick. Long is back, so expect the running game to flourish.

McCaffrey has 22 catches in 4 games, which projects to 90 over a full season. If that continues, he will break some big plays. For a guy drafted early to mid 3rd round, not a disappointment at all IMO. He's a rookie. Game will slow down for him soon. If you drafted him in non PPR, well, that's on you.

I am always amazed by how early Cooper goes in comparison to Crabtree. Cooper has more upside I guess if he ever takes off, but generally a 2 1/2 round difference in them. Also, Fitz falls way too far every year. If you watch him, he is still hands down the best receiver on the team. If only Carson Palmer would realize that on a weekly basis instead of wanting to play with his new toys every week.

Rocket

Rock the Rocket
E, I take what everyone says with a grain of salt. Some experts it's a groan and not.

But you're right I always under estimate Crab.

This is first quarter analysis. We can revisit after Week 8, and decide whether the yeh or neh stands or sits.

Sent from my iPhone using My Brain.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Folks have to realize Cooper is hurt, and not what he should be. add to that the O-line has been letting Carr get killed and that kills Cooper's deep value. Once Cooper gets more healthy, and the oline protects better his numbers will come back I think

I also agree with E's vote on Howard, he is what you expected, he is a solid rb who will get you the occasional big game.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Crabtree is the best WR in Oakland....it has been that way since Cooper came into the league and has not changed yet. Always laugh at the draft value of these two.
Same goes for DFS value, this assertion won me some cash over the first couple weeks while the masses flocked to cooper.

The Gurley rebound is what I was looking for what I traded for him in my keeper league.

Didn't expect Luck is not get off the canvas yet...didn't expect him week 1, but didn't expect to still out out Luck either.

Lynch...wouldn't go near him...laughed each time he was drafted...so far, that was a good call.

Was high on Fournette and Cook...both looked like great calls until Cook went down. Fournette looks like the real deal.

Stashed Henry everywhere. Really thought he would be the guy by now...avoided Murray...hasn't worked out yet.

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
The one that puzzled me was Ajayi.

He is what I thought he was, I just don't understand why everyone else didn't see it.

Last year he had 3, 200+yrd rushing games. Discount 2 because they were against Buffalo which after Ryan brought his brother over to run the defense made them even worse at stopping the run than the Saints were (which is the team he left).

Outside of those 3 games he had only one other 100+ yrd game and no other game of over 80 yds. So outside of the skewing of those 300 yrd games he only averaged around 3 ypc for the year. Combine that with well established knee problems I wouldn't draft that dude if he was my relative.

Then add to that the loss of Tannehill and the addition of Cutler and you have a recipe for a very poor offense which is exactly what they have.

Rocket

Rock the Rocket

He is what I thought he was, I just don't understand why everyone else didn't see it.

Outside of those 3 games he had only one other 100+ yrd game and no other game of over 80 yds. So outside of the skewing of those 300 yrd games he only averaged around 3 ypc for the year. Combine that with well established knee problems I wouldn't draft that dude if he was my relative.

Then add to that the loss of Tannehill and the addition of Cutler and you have a recipe for a very poor offense which is exactly what they have.
I didn't buy into him last year. I was fooled into buying into him this year. Live and learn.

I hope this week is the beginning of the end of the Frank Gore era. I bought Marlon Mack stock in two of my keeper/dynasty leagues, and he's coming around. Gores gotta go mantra is kicking into high gear....right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remote Controller

I've crowed in every draft after Cooper went on the turn that Crabtree was the better Wr 2 rounds later

I felt Lynch would be better..........not so

Ingram has been more pedestrian than I expected

TyWill is just not getting any love in LAC

I took Davante as my #1 wr in a few drafts after going RB and Qb early........that worked

Brate is gonna catch 10+ TD's

Ebron...................................................................................................................what a waste

Rocket

Rock the Rocket

Last year he had 3, 200+yrd rushing games. Discount 2 because they were against Buffalo which after Ryan brought his brother over to run the defense made them even worse at stopping the run than the Saints were (which is the team he left).

Now I know why Jay Ajayi is nowhere to be found...snort, snort. Couldn't figure it out since they have team meetings to discuss O-line issues every week.