Phic's week 2 observations....

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
This one won't be too long, as this will be mostly focused on key injuries to teams and how that effects them.

Lets start with New Orleans.

- N.O. - Brees out at least 6 weeks with torn ligaments in the right throwing thumb. It was painful during the game to watch him try to pick up a ball and handle it. Could not even grip the ball. Here is the real issue - we are about to see that Teddy Bridgewater is NOT all that. He will have NO excuse, he has a great running game in Kamara and co. he has studly Wrs in Thomas, Ginn and if they ever find him Cook at Te. The O-line can block and the defense can play. He should have no issue, but he will and I can see N.O. losing 4 of the next 6 games losing to Seattle, Dallas, Chicago and yup Tampa Bay. Which will hurt the most. I think they can pull out wins vs. Jax and Arizona.
The question now comes down to , what value will Kamara and Thomas still have. I personally can see Kamala catching even more passes, and Thomas being locked on. Only other benefit player will be Murray who might get some real carries. Still, Not going to be a good season for the Saints, thank god they signed HC to an extension this week.

- Pittsburgh - Big Ben is gone for the season, and the Steelers will see if Rudolph is the future or not. I will say I am quite high on Rudolph and thought he fell to a great spot when Pittsburgh took him last year. He is big, tough and can really throw the ball. He still has awesome tools in JuJu, Washington, Moncrief and of course Conner if he is okay. Best news in Pittsburgh is they have 2 winnable games to play with San Fran and Cincinnati before they play a very tough Baltimore team. The key is, can they keep scoring pts and improve the defense to make up for all those points lost with Big Ben. I think they will still be okay, but not great. The way Cleveland and Cincy is playing they could still take the division if they can eke out wins over Baltimore. I am feeling better for Pittsburgh than I am for New Orleans.

- Jacksonville - Guess what, Foles was gone and Jacksonville played okay with Minshew. They did not win, but they gave Houston all they could take. They HAVE to find a way to run the ball and give that defense time off the field. That and hope Foles comes back ready to play.

- New York Giants - I am of a firm belief that this team is run by idiots. They have a studly Rb, but almost all the Wrs are hurt or suspended, and Engram can't catch every pass that Barkley can't. Now of all the stupid things to do, they are starting the rookie Daniel Jones. Setting him up for failure. What idiots. Wait guys, wait till Tate and Sheppard are back and you have a full offense for the kid to play with. By god put the fear of God in the O-line - cause if he gets beat to death it could end his career early. Just stupid. Eli should be running this crap show for at least past mid season then put Jones in to see what you have. Do it now, and you set him up for failure. Just stupid.

New England is undefeated and I think most would not be surprised by that. But anyone see who else in that division is undefeated? Buffalo. I really, really like the Bills, and like what they are doing with Josh Allen and that offense. Need to get more carries for Singletary, and keep throwing deep to Brown. Still, really like where this team is going. Being in same division as Satan hurts, but hey, they keep winning.

Baltimore is 2-0 and Lamar Jackson is looking solid. If they can keep him healthy, he will be fun to watch all season. That being said, this week vs. KC will be a great test to see how far he has come. KC is playing some defense to go with that offense. Then they face Cleveland for first intradivsional meeting. That should be a fun game.

Chiefs are 2-0 so no surprise there.

One fun thing I see is Indy is 1 and 1, and are hanging in there without Mr. Luck. Loved seeing Paris Cambell finally getting some redzone love.

Moving to the NFC ..

Dallas is rocking and rolling, but reports are out they are at an impasse with Dak and his contract. Wonder if they move to Cooper now?
Philly is being Philly, win and lose when they should have won. They sometimes really outsmart themselves. As good as that O-line is, they are not running well.
Washington is 0-2, but the offense is doing well with Case Keenum. But you know they will move to the rookie in the not too distant future.
NFC South is all 1-1 except for Carolina and Cam looks awful. They can blame his foot all they want, that arm isn't what it was. Just saying
NFC North has two undefeated teams - Green Bay who most could agree with and Detroit, who most probably are shocked by. Detroit is playing some D and getting Kerryon Johnson going. Good place to be.
NFC West - Rams are being the Rams and Gurley is helping, while San Fran is 2-0 thanks to who they played. Seattle also is 2-0, and are not as dominant as they should be. Just not buying into Seahawks this year.

So, can Dallas stay healthy and dominate the NFC? What happens in NE if Brown gets suspended, or if he doesn't and Josh Gordon and Edelman just sit and watch him catch things........

As the Stomach churns......

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Bridgewater is not the guy that should be under center for the Saints and slowly but surely I expect Payton to figure out that Hill is the baller of the two. Bridge may be the more polished QB but Hill is a winner. Oh and we'll go 3-3 at the worst.

Remote Controller

This one won't be too long, as this will be mostly focused on key injuries to teams and how that effects them.

Lets start with New Orleans.

- Pittsburgh - Big Ben is gone for the season, and the Steelers will see if Rudolph is the future or not. I will say I am quite high on Rudolph and thought he fell to a great spot when Pittsburgh took him last year. He is big, tough and can really throw the ball. He still has awesome tools in JuJu, Washington, Moncrief and of course Conner if he is okay. Best news in Pittsburgh is they have 2 winnable games to play with San Fran and Cincinnati before they play a very tough Baltimore team. The key is, can they keep scoring pts and improve the defense to make up for all those points lost with Big Ben. I think they will still be okay, but not great. The way Cleveland and Cincy is playing they could still take the division if they can eke out wins over Baltimore. I am feeling better for Pittsburgh than I am for New Orleans.

The good news is Washington was his receiver in College, so they have chemistry. Likely bad news for Moncrief who has struggled and good news for JuJu since he might have help. TE's are always easy to find.