Oklahoma next?

Zach

Sooners leaving Big 12? OU says it'll decide soon

Nebraska, Colorado.... Texas A&M... is it getting to much for other Big 12 schools?

I am really starting to think Texas A&M is the nail in the coffin - unless Texas expands their network to a conference network... then maybe.

If I am any school on the lower levels of the conference I would be trying to jump ship right now and stay in a BCS conference. I would not wait for one more of the schools on top to jump which will make all hell break loose. (really even Iowa St jumping would make all hell break loose... if anybody actually noticed they were gone)

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Ditto Zach. If OK jumps ship they can close the books on the Big 12. I am a UT fan but they really did bring this all down on themselves with their network deal.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Yeah, the Big 12 is going to fold IMO, someone else will get jumpy and make a move. If Oklahoma is smart, they make a move now and avoid the wild scrum that is around the corner. I think they could really go about anywhere they want. Pac-12, Big 10, SEC....all are options I would think.

Texas thought about themselves and not the long term health of the conference. It was a great deal for them....but not for the conference. They are about to find out that they are going to have a great deal and be an independent. Their attractiveness to other conferences is lessened and complicated with their network deal as well.

Going to be interesting to see how this works out.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
OU and A&M to the SEC. Dream come true. If OU does leave, think they will go to the same confernce A&M does.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Texas thought about themselves and not the long term health of the conference. It was a great deal for them....but not for the conference. They are about to find out that they are going to have a great deal and be an independent. Their attractiveness to other conferences is lessened and complicated with their network deal as well.

Wrong. Texas offered this deal to Texas A&M four years ago. They turned it down, and its part of the reason why the Regents are running their AD smooth over.

OU is well advised to look around. This ends with OU, OK St, Texas, and Texas Tech going to the Pac-16 and ESPN making the LHN a regional TV network.

So, who wins in this scenario? None other than Texas Tech, who basically sits on the sidelines, kisses some Pac-12 arse, and gets in on a "Texas State" network for basically nothing, and can thank A&M for not seeing the forest for the trees.

While the Aggies are getting sexually assaulted year in and year out by the SEC, the Red Raiders increase their profile and net worth.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
OU and A&M to the SEC. Dream come true. If OU does leave, think they will go to the same conference A&M does.

Nope. Chip Brown at Orangebloods.com has been all over this. OU is ****ed that A&M blew this deal for everyone last year and now this year want to run off and whore out to the SEC.

OU knows in the Big 12 or Pac-16 they have a much easier path to a BCS bowl than being a 9-11 win SEC team and having to grind it out.

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
Reading on alot of sites that OU and Texas to the Pac 12 is a hot topic again. They would also bring in Texas Tech and Oklahoma St.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Nope. Chip Brown at Orangebloods.com has been all over this. OU is ****ed that A&M blew this deal for everyone last year and now this year want to run off and whore out to the SEC.

OU knows in the Big 12 or Pac-16 they have a much easier path to a BCS bowl than being a 9-11 win SEC team and having to grind it out.

Sounds like a cop out to me. To be the best you have to beat the best all year long, not just one game a year. The SEC is the best that college football has to offer.

Reading on alot of sites that OU and Texas to the Pac 12 is a hot topic again. They would also bring in Texas Tech and Oklahoma St.

That actually sounds pretty interesting.Probably inticing enough to start watching more Pac games.

It would sure up the level of competition on the Left Coast.

Yes it would