Nick Saban to be the next head coach of the University of Texas?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Rumors all over the place about this one, with Mack stepping down for a cush job at the end of the season. Deal is for 10 years $100 million.

With the LHN, the Longhorns have more than enough money to pay that kind of salary, and Saban has stated before the only job hed leave Alabama for would be Texas.

Mack has said he doesnt want to be Joe Pa or Bobby Bowden, and he has probably secured his legacy already.

I think this is a load of crap personally, but on the 1 in a billion chance it wasnt, I honestly dont have a problem with this. The guy can flat out recruit, hed be handed an exceptionally talented and SEC leaning staff, and hed probably kick the teeth out of Bob Stoops mouth with regularity.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Bigger question here is, would 'Bama let it happen? Think they would try to throw all kinds of money his way to make him stay. And he still has some unfinished business in 'Bama. Betting alot of his decision hinders on if he wins the championship this year.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Nick can be bought, he'd sale his soul to the devil. As a matter of fact he possibly already has. If Texas wants Nicky bad enough they'll get him.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
He never does stay anywhere to long. Wasn't he coach for LSU for a very short time? Can't really remember his coaching resume.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
As stated I have no issue with it. We get a NC out of him and the kind of team building he does and we will OWN Oklahoma for a long, long time.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I'm all for seeing Texas back near the top as they should always be. I'm all for seeing Tricky Nicky exit Alabama. I'm all for seeing Nicky break a lot more hearts. It's a win for me if it happens.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Him and Mack are apparently good buddies. Im wondering if this whole deal wasnt for "now", but for "later", in two or three years when Mack is ready to move up to AD or retire.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Don't understand why he would want to leave a dynasty he has built to start all over again. Unless he just wants to get away from the rigorous SEC and only have to worry about beating OU and OSU each year.

DearbornDolfan

Unless he just wants to get away from the rigorous SEC and only have to worry about beating OU and OSU each year.

Oh dear Lord. If Texas stays at its present talent level, Saban's going to have to worry about a lot more than OU and OSU. Kansas State, for one.