NFL rookie Qb status

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Okay as I did in the Rb thread, lets see where we are with the rookie Qb status and who will start where.

during draft I had it:
1) Mayfield
2) Darnold
3) Rosen
4) Jackson
5) Allen
6) Rudolph
7) Lauletta

Since week 3 of preseason - I have rankings now(not necessarily who will start...)
1) Daronold
2) Mayfield
3) Jackson
4) Rosen
5) Rudolph
6) Lauletta
7) Allen

who will start first - Darnold week 1
who will start next - Allen - due to attrition...

Key discussion:
Darnold has been superb for NYJ - and has real look of starting Qb. He will make mistakes, but he has tools to work with and team seems to be behind him. Plus he has the consumate Vet in Josh McCown to work with.
Mayfield - He has the look, but still needs seasoning - Tyrod will start this year as long as he is healthy(or team is still in running...). They have some great young talent to support Qb and O-line seems solid.
Jackson - kid is just lightning in a bottle - reminds me a ton of Vick. but has time to learn the game behind Flacco. Wrs are still work in progress as well in Baltimore
Rosen - has looked the part, and will be a race to see how long Bradford survives...but he just seems a bit of a reach to start yet.
Rudolph - He looks to be long term future behind Big Ben
Lauletta - fighting with Davis to be #2, was looking rough at first abut coming back now.
Allen - Oh my where to start. If this were me, and I am sure it would mean my job - he does NOT start this year...go with Peterman or McCarron all year. Why? OL is simply attrocious. Wrs are bad, and McCoy will be buried this year. No, let the rookie survive and rebuild OL and wr core next year. On talent alone kid has a rifle and reminds me of a very young Favre...but not near as accurate as Favre.

thoughts?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
I haven't paid much attention to the green signal callers but here's where I rank 'em.

1 Darnold clearly the best choice here.
2 Jackson
3 Mayfield
4 Rosen
5, 6, and 7 look to be clipboard holders for some time to come.