NFL Defensive Player of the Year snubs

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
While there is no doubt James Harrison is truly deserving of this recognition :)homer:) there are other names that sure do pop in my mind for consideration.

Ed Reed - Even on an incomplete year he still is amazing to watch play football. His coverage ability is second to none and his ability to play the run is nothing to sneeze at.

DeMarcus Ware - He was almost unblockable as a pass rusher.

Jared Allen - Bringing back the mullet may have been a foolish move but his ability to school left tackles is pretty impressive.

Those are some of the headliners. What other names have I missed?

Da Bomb

Guilty As Hell
jared allen was a beast and a huge difference maker. he finished the year with double digit sacks in 6 of his final 11 games, and he improved the entire D line as well as the secondary. he turned our defense from good into elite. i dont think he is a "snub" per se, but im sure glad we have him!

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Another guy I forgot is that punk Joey Porter. After a year of his mouth writing checks his ass can't cash he put up spectacular numbers.

Orgazmo

IT'S GARBAGE DAY
Never had a chance at the award being stuck on the Raiders, but Nnamdi Asomugha had a huge defensive impact.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Never had a chance at the award being stuck on the Raiders, but Nnamdi Asomugha had a huge defensive impact.

Good point. Corners that are able to shut down wr's to the point where the guys they cover only get 4-8 looks per game won't get the stats to be noticed. But when you talk about impact player N.A is right up there in the discussion.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
Good point. Corners that are able to shut down wr's to the point where the guys they cover only get 4-8 looks per game won't get the stats to be noticed. But when you talk about impact player N.A is right up there in the discussion.

He'd be a lot further up there in the discussion (in my opinion) if he wasn't so stubborn about sticking to his RCB spot. Shadow the best wideout Asomugha - otherwise they'll put a scrub over there very often.