My Jaguars

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Preseason is over and its time to put up or shut up. Preseason doesnt really mean alot and i take it with a grain of salt. In the past 3 years jax is 4-8 in the preseason. In 2009 they finished the season 7-9 and last season 8-8. And in both years they have had the chance to play in the post season but in the last two seasons they are 1-7 in the last qtr of the schedule. 2009 they were 7-5 before losing 4 straight and last season 8-5 before losing there last 3. Last 2 years when the games and season was on the line they faltered and played lifeless. Esp last season. Playoffs on the line and all they had to do was win one of there last three. They played like they didnt care and really flat. Now onto this up coming season. Once again they go 1-3 in preseason. Get blownout by NE. Get by Atlanta week 2 but have done that the 2 last preseasons. Blow an 8 pt lead with less than 3 minutes on the clock then lose in over time to third stringers and practice squad players in Buffalo. Then lose to the Rams last night on a night that Fred Taylor Retires. Greatest runner in our history so you'd think they be pumped up and try to win one for him. Yes these past 4 games dont matter but you do at least want to show improvement in each one as weeks progress. They did not. The biggest concern is the O-line. A few injuries and rookies or minimul exp starters will be the story. Hopefully Jennings gets more reps this season to help keep MJD healthy and fuel in his talk late in the season. QB is another concern but think that is more with the lack of talent at WR position. Feel like i'm watching them play hot potatoe with the ball. And its been this way for years. Yet they refuse to make any real moves on improving it. The defence will be the key to wins and loses this season. D line amd linebackers need to step up and help take away the looks of a weak secondary. Going to be interesting to see who they keep and waive to make the 53 man roster. Hopefully they address the WR/secondary positions thru free agents.

After watching in horrific state of manner the last 4 preseason games and rechecking this seasons schedule. Think we will take a step back for the last two seasons of 7-9 and 8-8. Season will be last and they'll start playing for next by the last qtr of the season and Gabbert will be the starter. Won't be suprised if he is starting by the bye week. Looking at a 6-10 season at best but most likely a 4/5 win season will be had.

It really won't take much to turn this team around. But til they fill the voids in the secondary and get some talent at the WR position , it won't happen. 9 days away and the season starts. Hope i got alot of beer money cause i'm going to need it this year.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Its gonna be a rough one. And it keeps getting worse and they havent played a game that counts yet. Jennings, who showed some serious bright spots last year and i was hoping would play more of a roll in the offence to help MJD keep rested, decided to go off and get himself hurt. Out for the season. Then 5 days before first game release your starting qb. 3 days til home game opening the season against rival Tennessee could be blacked out since they still need to sell almost 7k tickets to avoid that. No backup proven RB, no WRs worth remembering there names, a new qb with a proven past of sucking being backed up by a rookie, only two proven players on offence(Lewis/MJD) and they wont last the year if they are expected to run 90% of the offensive plays. And then to find out this morning Jax has the least net value of all teams and 200+ million under the average. As much as i'd hate to see this team be moved, it would no longer suprise me now.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
I believe it. Many years it had to gard to be a Saints fan. But now times are good there and its like mardi gras every weekend there now. lol

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
McCown....really?

Yep. Hey he is 1-6 as a starter in his career so theres hope. lol. We're going to suck bad. By mid season Gabbert will be the starter and learn the hard way. Season ends, Del Rio is gone and Jags move to LA.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
First month is going to be brutal. Titans this week, AT NYJ next week, followed by a trip to Carolina on the 25th and close out the first qtr of the season with a visit from NO. 1-3 at best i am hoping for.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
What can i say. We looked damn good yesterday,esp that defence. Offence was a little pathetic at times but the defence held Tennessee in check. More suprisingly held CJ in check. Great game but you can still see they have a major weakness in believing in themselves. Total domination by the defence til the 80 yd catch and run td pass. The chicken wing hit was a joke. You could just feel the momentum drain from my Jags after that play. And they never seemed to get it back. The last second int to end the game hopefully gave them some momentum going into next week. If the D stays healthy, they will only get better as the year progresses and they mold as one. The offence line looked tired late 3rd qtr and on. Doesnt seem they have much depth on the line. They will need to change their offensive schemes and not try to ground it out every drive. O line needs rest also. Overall i was pleased about the team effort they gave. Up next is the Jets so i hope they can carry some of this over and make a game out of it.

Bottom line is we are 1-0. We have a better record than Pit, Indy, NO,and Atlanta, all of which i consider top of the class in the NFL. Only week 1 but i'll take it. LOL

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Congratulations Cerberus! I'm happy for y'all fans. I'm also thrilled that I forgot to bet a bundle on the Titans, lol.