My interview with 2013 UT LB recruit Naashon Hughes

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
(Naashon is obviously a busy man, but wanted to breifly answer a few questions so fans could get to know him a bit better. Talking to the kid, he's a good young man who knows what he wants and goes out and gets it. Originally appears on Horn Sports)

Recently I had the pleasure of speaking with Texas Longhorns 2013 Recruit LB Naashon Hughes of Harker Heights. Naashon was kind enough to grant Horn Sports a short interview during his busy summer schedule….
JW: Naashon, the story of your commitment to Texas is definitely different than the average one. You reportedly turned down offers from LSU, Baylor, and South Carolina to accept an initial grey shirt offer from Texas. That kind of dedication and commitment really spoke to our fans, as it showed us all just how much you wanted to be a Texas Longhorn. Can you walk us through that commitment?

NH: That day was actually pretty normal. I had spoken to Coach Searels the night before and informed him of my decision. The next morning all that was left to do was call Coach Brown. From there it was just non stop text messages and calls from people congratulating me.

JW: Being an early target of the Longhorns, what was Coach Brown’s reaction to your acceptance of the offer?

NH: I’d say Coach Brown was definitely thrilled with my early commitment to the University of Texas.

JW: You had offers and interest from several schools. Compared to other schools, what sold you on being a Texas Longhorn?

NH: Several factors sold me on the University of Texas, including its unique history. Also, the atmosphere at Texas is very family oriented and it just feels like home every time I come down, and given the opportunity, who wouldn’t want to play for Coach Brown?

JW: How do you see your role at the University of Texas in Coach Diaz’s defense playing out?

NH: Coach Diaz and myself have talked about me playing a number of different positions on the defense, but primarily Outside Linebacker or a hybrid Strong Safety position, doing anything I can to make plays for the Longhorns.

JW: Physically its going to be a big step up from high school to college. How are you preparing yourself for your arrival to Texas?

NH: For right now I’m just continuing to to work out hard. I also make a point to run every day, pushing myself to go further each time. I’m doing everything I can to be ready for Coach Wylie and the staff.

JW: Most every guy has a pregame ritual or habit for good luck. What’s yours?

NH: As far as pregame rituals, I actually have two which are pretty unique. Every game, I wear two right socks, and I play every game with money in my right sock.

JW: Thanks for your time Naashon, anything you want to say to the Texas fans?

NH: To all the fans of the Texas Longhorns, I just want to say thank you for all of your support. If the fans want, they can follow me on Twitter @Naasweetfeet

Naashon is a great young man with a bright future at the University of Texas, and we look forward to seeing him all over the field in the Burnt Orange and White. Thanks again to him for taking the time to speak with me, and Hook ‘Em!

Follow Johnny on Twitter – @205Whisenant

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
yeah, that is what we call a follow up question ;)

But nice interview overall. Thanks for sharing.