My "Eat Some Crow" Thread

jmsmith1

I got alot of heat for my mock drafts and my grades...but I was right on some thing that others were less than happy about. So I dish out the crow now, served chilled.

To Phicinfan:

Then I hope you can live with being wrong.

First no one has clamored for Harrison. The question is raised would they get him? To this point they haven't even talked to him.
Second, unless you have a Boldin and Fitzgerald or whatever, yes you would want that. So discussion of looking into Boldin has nothing to do with NEED, it has to do with WANT.
You can go to any expert you like, I go with what Heckert and Reid have said...and that is they love the WRs they have, and are fine with them. I will take that, and work with it. Choose not to do so if you wish, it does not change the fact you are wrong.
Now that being all said, they may take a Wr at some point. I don't see it in the first two rounds.

Jeremy Maclin in the first round....hmmmm.....Sounds like someone knew what they were talking about! :runaround:

My Picks that were Correct:

1. Matt Stafford - no big secret here, everyone got this right
2. Jason Smith - same as #1
14. Malcolm Jenkins - flirted with Beanie Wells here but gut said Jenkins
18. Robert Ayers - ahh....the refreshing sound of competency!!
25. Vontae Davis - read my statement...exactly dead on
29. Hakeem Nicks - Had a feeling that Nicks might slide to the G men
31. Beanie Wells - most could have seen this coming as he was sliding...

7 out of 32 exactly right isnt so bad for someone that doesnt know what he's talking about!!! :grin:

To Dearborn Dolfan:

It's a stupid pick not because it's a CB but because it's Vontae Davis. He's not a team guy, he's not disciplined, and in general he's a freaking headcase. The Fins will take Darius Butler there.

Sorry, it wasnt stupid....it was dead on.

Great call by Miller here

As for the Sanchez pick, you dead on IMO. Call it a smoke screen all you want, I think Sanchez goes top 5 tomorrow.

DearbornDolfan

Doesn't really matter if you're right about where Davis went, it's still stupid. Until proven otherwise Davis is the prima donna he's been labeled as.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Alright, 7 of 32 doesn't sound the best...but I haven't looked at my gawd awful results yet so let's take a look, have a feeling 7 will look good when i am done:

Right on:

• 1. Matthew Stafford
  • 2. Jason Smith
  • 14. Malcolm Jenkins
  • 15. Brian Cushing
  • 17. Josh Freeman (had him going to Bucs at 19, right team, counting as correct)
  • 24. Peria Jerry
Yep, 6 of 32, so 7 looks better than mine.....

Saw somethings that happened, just not with the same players. Denver did indeed go RB, so did Arizona, just flipped Wells and moreno.

Overall, not real happy with the mock, but it makes for an interesting process as always.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I think if you can get 20-25% of the first round correct, given the trades and whatnot, that's pretty damn good.

Although guys that can hit a baseball 30% of the time over the course of a career are almost a given to make the H.O.F.

LOL

dukdown

Banned
I told ya that I was getting good value for the Packers taking Tyson Jackson in the 2nd round. I demand you relent and give me an A- :)

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
To Phicinfan:
Jeremy Maclin in the first round....hmmmm.....Sounds like someone knew what they were talking about! :runaround:
Wow...you are brave. Bet you don't eat crow on your mistakes :rolleyes:

Now, lets see where you HAD Maclin going?

No way would I have thought Eagles could move up some to get a talent like Maclin. If you want to dog me for that...so be it. I can live with that.

But becareful here. If you want things to come around......they can come around on you too.

jmsmith1

Also I thought it was funny that I took Percy Harvin in our first mock at #22 and he goes to Minny at #22 in real life!

jmsmith1

Phicinfan....its okay...I still love you bro....Humility doesnt suit you

Besides, your an Ohio State fan, so I lowered my expectations

Phicinfan

Administrator
Wow...you are brave. Bet you don't eat crow on your mistakes :rolleyes:

Now, lets see where you HAD Maclin going?

No way would I have thought Eagles could move up some to get a talent like Maclin. If you want to dog me for that...so be it. I can live with that.

But becareful here. If you want things to come around......they can come around on you too.

Example #1 - Your commentary on my safety selection for the Eagles in the 1st mock draft.

I picked McBath....In the third round I might add
jmsmith1 said:
Philadelphia - I think safety was a great selection here, but I think you really reached for this kid. There are three other safety prospects out there that are much better suited for the Eagles. But having said that, you did just sign Sean Jones and Rashad Baker at safety, so there is no need to rush this kid in right away. So while I disagree with the pick initially, if you have a really good feeling about him, you've got some nice players to cover until he's ready. With that information, can't complain too much about this pick, as it becomes a pick of who you like more.

I do believe if you look at the record of who was taken in the 2nd round this year......you MIGHT just want some salt with your crow....Mr. Wizard :biglaugh:

Phicinfan

Administrator
Phicinfan....its okay...I still love you bro....Humility doesnt suit you

Besides, your an Ohio State fan, so I lowered my expectations
ON rave the pompous.

For the record....I don't mind folks who toot their horn. I happen to be one of those big time tooters myself.

However, I find it absolutely hilarious when folks like you toot, but don't accept their mistakes and admit them as well.

For example, in that first mock I had the Eagles taking McCoy.....due to the fit as a future replacement for Westbrook...score one for me! However you were correct in that I took him WAAAAAYYYYY too early...so score one for you.

But the Eagles got the right guy....so we both can be happy!:clap:

*edit addition* OH...you are from Michigan....if you are a michigan grad....that explains it all...bwahahahahaha :biglaugh:

jmsmith1

OH...you are from Michigan....if you are a michigan grad....that explains it all...bwahahahahaha

The shortsidedness of a Buckeye. Just because one lives in Michigan doesnt make me a Michigan fan or a Michigan grad. I hate Michigan just as much as Ohio State.

Now having said that,

Yes, I disagree with Darcel McBath that early, but that was my opinion. And if you've watched this years draft, there have been some reaches. But McBath did go in the second....

So I guess we're even.

catman

Baseball "Expert"
I got 100% of my draft picks correct -- I didn't do a "mock". I've learned that "experts" are not a lot better than I am.

jmsmith1

hate it when it is deemed necessary to pat ones self on the back. Might just be me though.........carry on

You know my intention wasnt to come across pompous initially. But the fact is, I feel like I've put more effort into mocks and things like that for fun and had them met with smashing resistance because others disagreed. And rather than post their own, it was a feeding frenzy on me at times. Even some had to say take it easy. In the grand scheme it isnt that big of a deal and I'll just be more selective with my posts. It seems some here think that there is a seniority and you post equal to your time here at SO.

But all in all, I've still had fun, even if I disagree or argue with someone. This really has been fun to me.