Kap refusing to stand for national anthem

JScott

Administrator
When he's winning, performing well and has all his sponsors there's no issue. Now that he's sucking and no longer in the spotlight the US persecutes people of color. :rolleyes:

Sure our country has issues, but choosing to protest now?!?! Dude gets paid in a year more than most of us will make in a lifetime. Yeah, he seems really persecuted. o_O

ExperiencedRookie

Perhaps he should pack his things and move to a more enlighten place in the world.

I hate this guy now. That anthem means a hell of a lot more than his little civil rights boohoo. Have some freaking respect.

hikeNbike

The anthem is to honor those who have served and sacrificed for this country. Plenty of minorities fall into that category as well. Seems like Kaep is disrepecting all who serve.

Plenty of other ways to protest without disrepecting the flag. Disagree with his opinions as well but really disagree with the way he has chosen to protest more.

yadda yadda tapatalk

efactor

Coming at you
Niners need to cut him before he has another mysterious injury and they are on the hook for another 16 million or so.

Funny how Mr Twitter himself is now possessed of such deep social consciousness now that his career is tanked. Just sounds so naive and uninformed.

When Kelly came on board and everyone was talking how he was perfect for the system, I wondered how he could be perfect for a system that requires the QB to process information very quickly. Still wondering.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
I'm of two minds about this. I don't personally agree with Kaepernick's decision, but part of what the flag represents (to me) is the first amendment. When I stand for the national anthem I'm largely doing so because I think that freedom is important - freedom of and from religion, freedom of speech, freedom of expression.

I doubt Kaep or most pro athletes are really that knowledgeable about politics or philosophy, but if they feel a certain way and want to express that... well, that's actually a very American thing to do.

jjtweeks

I'm in one mind. Yes he has a right, but his means are all wrong. He will create more division and racism by what he is doing. The national anthem has nothing to do with race. All races fought for this country so he is disrespecting all races. And by the way he is half white. Dude was falling out of the NFL and made a publicity stunt(oh and his new girl happens to be an active hate group member(BLM) and a Muslim). His pig socks too? so he is labeling all cops bad because all cops think black people are bad right? What a hypocrite. People can spin this anyway they want, he is barking up the wrong tree and with outlandish accusations. They are so many ways to "give" back to the community but he is a selfish jerk and a waste of breath on this earth. What's really sad is he will influence otherwise innocent kids to follow his lead as well as other brainless people like we have already seen with other players. A very American thing to do would be to support big brother programs for poverty stricken single mothers of any race or legislate for certain laws he thinks are oppressing.

efactor

Coming at you
I'm in one mind. Yes he has a right, but his means are all wrong. He will create more division and racism by what he is doing. The national anthem has nothing to do with race. All races fought for this country so he is disrespecting all races. And by the way he is half white. Dude was falling out of the NFL and made a publicity stunt(oh and his new girl happens to be an active hate group member(BLM) and a Muslim). His pig socks too? so he is labeling all cops bad because all cops think black people are bad right? What a hypocrite. People can spin this anyway they want, he is barking up the wrong tree and with outlandish accusations. They are so many ways to "give" back to the community but he is a selfish jerk and a waste of breath on this earth. What's really sad is he will influence otherwise innocent kids to follow his lead as well as other brainless people like we have already seen with other players. A very American thing to do would be to support big brother programs for poverty stricken single mothers of any race or legislate for certain laws he thinks are oppressing.

Very well said

efactor

Coming at you
I'm of two minds about this. I don't personally agree with Kaepernick's decision, but part of what the flag represents (to me) is the first amendment. When I stand for the national anthem I'm largely doing so because I think that freedom is important - freedom of and from religion, freedom of speech, freedom of expression.

I doubt Kaep or most pro athletes are really that knowledgeable about politics or philosophy, but if they feel a certain way and want to express that... well, that's actually a very American thing to do.

The timing of all this is too conveinient for me. When he was a hot commodity, his sole interest seemed to be using Twitter to put himself in the public eye, but for commercial reasons, not for getting a message out there for raising social consciousness. Only after he was unwanted did he suddenly become socially aware and wanting to bring attention to himself in other ways. Negative attention is better than no attention.

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
The timing of all this is too conveinient for me. When he was a hot commodity, his sole interest seemed to be using Twitter to put himself in the public eye, but for commercial reasons, not for getting a message out there for raising social consciousness. Only after he was unwanted did he suddenly become socially aware and wanting to bring attention to himself in other ways. Negative attention is better than no attention.

I hear what you're saying about timing and such, but I think people are missing the big point here. To me this all comes down to the philosophical argument of Milton's Areopagitica and the ideas this country was built on. Not standing for THAT flag, is in fact what that flag represents to its core.

This isn't North Korea where we're going to execute people for not showing enough enthusiasm during nationalist demonstrations. This is the United States and you're free to sit or stand or even give the middle finger during the national anthem - that is your right, full stop. Now it's also your right to articulate how you feel about that, and I'm not going to argue anyone here doesn't have the right to be offended. But it is discouraging to see people ignoring what it means to be an American citizen. The U.S. flag is not exclusively a military symbol - nearly every country in the world has a military. Having a military isn't what makes us Americans nor is it what makes this country great. What makes us different from Russia or China or most other countries in the world is the United States Constitution and our commitment to the notions of freedom and a representative republic.

Do I agree with Neo-Nazis, for instance? Of course not. But if someone wanted to stop them from speaking or publicly expressing their views I would view that person as un-American. Now you could speak about why Neo-Nazis are wrong, but it's worth recognizing that whether they're right or wrong isn't the main point.

Last edited:

Remote Controller

I refuse to believe he would have made a stand on anything if he still was the starting Qb. .....and that platform is even larger. This is not about anything other than his attempt to make a silk purse from a sow's ear.

cctekguy

Staff member
Now the entire Seahawks team is in on the gig, planning some sort of demonstration during the anthem on Sunday.

Remember the good old days when guys would say. "Hurry Up, I need to be home before kick-off"

Now everyone will be rushing to get home before the National Anthem. :confused:

cctekguy

Staff member
Don't jump to contusions.

From what I read, the demonstration will be respectful of the flag and the country.

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
Loved what Seattle did for the anthem.. now they just need actually play football instead of dicking around with this Miami team.....