Jared Allen... Bearss

gizzil

Unexpected to me... but everything seemed to fall into place... Thoughts? Nikki in particular? ;) I have some but am out the door for now. Heard this in the shower and wow...

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Haven't seen any numbers, but have to assume this is a team friendly deal. I like the move, as he has been more productive than Peppers, and comes my bet is at a cheaper price.

gizzil

Peppers was due 18 million THIS year, so yeah, nice thrifty move in that respect. Allen doesn't seem to take as many plays off (or GAMES for that matter... Peppers maybe actually played in 3.5 games last year), and is more a pass rusher than Peppers had become. Peppers perhaps more complete... but Allen got 11.5 sacks (and 38 hurries...i think) in a year where teams really didnt have to pass against the vikings. I like it, a couple years younger (Peppers is 34, Mud;) ), more enthusiasm, and less money... Emery keeps doing something redeeming right after I'm about to lose faith... it is uncanny

Last edited:

Remote Controller

I'm a Pack fan and think both teams did well for what they wanted and achieved. Bears fan has Nothing to be upset about. They got a motor!

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
This moved pissed me off. I like allen sorry to see him go and I think he has a few more years left in him. Focking bears!