Interesting offer

JScott

Administrator
In a ppr dynasty. Have a good squad that should compete for the next few years and have some good young players in place to backfill. Via a trade I acquired the 1.01 pick. I'm expecting to take Lacy at this point but was just offered someones entire 2014 draft (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th) for the 1.01. With a roster limit of 22 I realistically would not be able to use all the picks but the value compared to the 1.01 seems worth it to wheel and deal with.

Thoughts anyone?

efactor

Coming at you
I wouldn't, especially if he has a good team and the picks will be later.

Last edited by a moderator:

deuce4321

Driller
So that translates to 1.04/1.05 area. I would hold on to my 1.01 this season. For me the extra 3 and 4 next year will probably be traded or unused in a 22 man roster so it comes to 1.04 and 2.04 for 1.01. If you have good depth keep your pick but if you are aging and will have the roster space do the trade.

JScott

Administrator
So that translates to 1.04/1.05 area. I would hold on to my 1.01 this season. For me the extra 3 and 4 next year will probably be traded or unused in a 22 man roster so it comes to 1.04 and 2.04 for 1.01. If you have good depth keep your pick but if you are aging and will have the roster space do the trade.

This was just my thinking; the 3rd and 4th are almost throwaways. I have very good starters and good young guys for depth/backups. So one good bet stud (1.01) is better suited for my roster than a potential stud (1.04 '13) and possible contributor (2.04 '13).

I just like to trade a lot in this league so was trying to also evaluate for trading potential/value, not just as it would apply to my roster. But I still came up with the same result that a 1.01 with the draft fast approaching is still more valuable than multiple picks next year.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
In a ppr dynasty. Have a good squad that should compete for the next few years and have some good young players in place to backfill. Via a trade I acquired the 1.01 pick. I'm expecting to take Lacy at this point but was just offered someones entire 2014 draft (1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th) for the 1.01. With a roster limit of 22 I realistically would not be able to use all the picks but the value compared to the 1.01 seems worth it to wheel and deal with.

Thoughts anyone?
To me the first question I ask is how close am I? If I am a player or so away, then I keep my pick.
If I am rebuilding, then the extra picks help, if nothing else than in trades.

Sounds like you are solid and the add of Lacey will only help. Plus his picks later won't give you much if any value.

I probably would not take it.

cctekguy

Staff member
This is a poor draft to be loading up with picks. It's also a poor draft to have 1:01.

If you could spread the picks out over several years I think it would serve your purpose better. Maybe 2013 2nd, 2014 1st, 2015 2nd.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
If its a 12 team non-IDP league like one of my leagues most if not all draft picks in the 2nd & 3rd rounds never amount to much.

Keep your 1.01 unless you can get a A.Peterson caliber RB via a trade