Indy radio reporting Manning out for year, wow!

maverick824

Indy radio station reported Peyton Manning had a 2nd procedure done on his neck either Sunday or Monday and will miss the entire season. Its still unconfirmed by any notable media outlets, but its already hitting myfantasyleague feeds. If this is true, are there any Colts that dont take a massive value hit?

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
:wow:

The Colts HC had a live press conference this morning, all that was said was he is not allowed to practice and is out week #1

Manning was not fielding any media questions.

Remote Controller

Indy radio station reported Peyton Manning had a 2nd procedure done on his neck either Sunday or Monday and will miss the entire season. Its still unconfirmed by any notable media outlets, but its already hitting myfantasyleague feeds. If this is true, are there any Colts that dont take a massive value hit?
The big bowling ball rookie back.

JackG1980

I knew it. Unless there is a scientific breakthrough he will never be the same. This is very very sad. One of the greatest my be gone.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
If true......THIS REALLY sucks! Manning is awesome to watch, just hope we get to enjoy it again at some point.

As far as who doesn't take a big hit, Dallas Clark retains some nice value as I would expect to see Collins lean on him quite a bit. Other than that....OUCH!

cctekguy

Staff member
I believe I alluded to this a couple of weeks ago.

Regardless of the success of a 2nd procedure, I think Manning will retire.

God Bless him.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
If he has a chance to play again he needs to go on IR and take the year off to really heal. Then the Colts can make the mad dash to 3-13 and select Andrew Luck.

ExperiencedRookie

How absolutely gross would it be if Indy actually did throw the towel in and end up with one of the best looking QB prospects in Luck next year.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
If he has a chance to play again he needs to go on IR and take the year off to really heal. Then the Colts can make the mad dash to 3-13 and select Andrew Luck.
I actually like this. There hole offense is built on Manning. Let him take the year to heal, and draft his future replacement next year. not a bad move at all.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Dammit, so much for my high hopes for Wayne this year. :banghead:

Phicinfan

Administrator
Reports are that he has not had another surgery this year... at this time.
yes that is true. However, he has sought other opinions, and another procedure is an option.

He has lost arm strenght, and feeling. Yes, this may come back, but since he is having pain again...it may mean more. My gut says this is going to last a while. This hurts Indy badly.