I'm in big trouble in '10 too

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
I'm resurrecting this thread to ask again a year later for the same kind of desperate advice:

I am 0 - 2 in a 12-team league.

Picking MJD third was a bomb and neither CJ Spiller (nor Forsett for that matter) really "popped".

So here is my team of starters

QB-Jay Cutler
RB1-MJD
RB2-Justin Forsett
WR1-Calvin Johnson
WR2-Reggie Wayne
TE-Mercedes Lewis (on a prayer. I'm benching Owen Daniels)
Flex-Steve Smith NYG
Def-Chicago
K-G Gano

I can play RB Jason Sneller, or WR's Aromashadu or Louis Murphy in place of Forsett or Steve Smith. Any thoughts on making sure my bench isn't going to outscore my starters? It's standard scoring, fractional PPR (.2 /rec).

I've already dumped Dexter McCluster and REggie Bush and picked up Kyle Orton.

Thanks to The Ram I checked and Keiland Williams, now #2 RB for Washington is still available in my league.

Thanks in advance.

gizzil

you might get lucky with snelling... however dont you know not to pick bears players? lol also, i dont think i would bench daniels vs the cowpokes... for shit's sake olsen got a td last week... on a bears AUDIBLE... do you know how often ive seen them audible in 28 years? if its a ppr league i think you stick with your current wr's, later in the year if aromashadu starts trying to could have a monster paired with double chin

#1bears fan

I wouldnt expect much from Snelling this week. Turner is fine and will start Snelling only played last week because it was a blowout. Bears WRs are iffy you never know whos turn it is by my calculations I think this week belongs to Johnny Knox. I dont like either one of your TEs this week. If I had to choose Id go Daniels

Coachnorm

So here is my team of starters

<acronym title="quarterback">QB</acronym>-Jay Cutler
RB1-MJD
RB2-Justin Forsett
WR1-Calvin Johnson
WR2-Reggie Wayne
<acronym title="tight end">TE</acronym>-Mercedes Lewis (on a prayer. I'm benching Owen Daniels)
Flex-Steve Smith NYG
Def-Chicago
K-G Gano

I like it just the way you have it here, including the Daniels benching for Lewis.

Daniels is getting eased back into playing time after a big off season injury. He has only played about 3 quarters each of the first two games being on a pitch count so to speak. Limited in practices so missing some reps there too. This week it is said that he may get in a whole game but Lewis has been good both of the first two games. Two catches and two TDs in the first game. Lewis caught five balls for 70 yards in a Week 2 loss to San Diego. Lewis was targeted nine times by Luke McCown and David Garrard which warrants some Week 3 consideration against an Eagles defense that just gave up 108 yards to TE Brandon Pettigrew.

Maybe this is the game Daniels steps up, but not for me, Daniels is in the prove to me how healthy you are first category with Lewis playing this good. Daniels may be your man most of the year but not this week.
<acronym title="quarterback"></acronym><acronym title="tight end"></acronym>

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
It's called being desperate

Thanks guys. The reason I picked up M Lewis was since Pettigrew did so well and Owen has done nothing. I figured I had better take a "flyer" for this week or just concede my TE drafted sucks. He's really a one-week player for me unless he lights it up with 7 points or something. :banana:

Maybe I dump Lewis for Fred Taylor who's still available sometime down the road. That's how grim it is.

Last edited by a moderator:

2minutedrill

Cheer up, could be worse. Here's mine. Go and try to make this team better when no one wants to trade. Oh btw, the hottest player on our WW now is Favre and goes down fast from there

Romo
Buckhalter (off ww since Noshow hurt AGAIN)
S. Jax
Driver
Murphy (OMG he's my #2!)
Sproles (flex)
Celek (done nothing)
Akers

Bench
Big Ben, Moreno, Ricky W,S. Rice, Mason, Wallace, A. Hernandez.
Nice!!!!! Love FF!!!!!

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
Thanks for the help. One might think living in Pittsburgh I'd be much better at this ~ doh!
I dont like either one of your TEs this week. If I had to choose Id go Daniels
I appreciate your saying this. I did pay the price yesterday but dropped M Lewis & picked up J Shockey today. There is a plethera of TE's avail still: Gresham, Pettigrew, Sheffler, Carlson, Moeaki, Gronkowski. So I am able to improve on that position. I should drop Daniels for one of these guys? I passed on Gresham, Pettigrew, Carlson because of upcoming bye weeks and I don't want to have to do this again in a week or 2. After their bye weeks I might be picking them up. Any help on my TE position for week 4 would be great.

I could also replace Chicago as Defense with choices from:

NE
Mia
Wash
Tenn
Indy
Car
KC
Seat

So, if anyone thinks the above would be better than Chicago please accept this thanks in advance for the help!!

OK, I wound up dumping M Lewis for Jeremy Shockey, D Aromashadu for John Carlson, and Owen daniels for Seattle.

Last edited by a moderator:

MongerKhan

TXL: Pimp Hand Strong
Staff member
KC TE moeaki will give you consistant points. he is KCS number one reciever at the moment
Posted via Mobile Device

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
He is on a bye this week. I wasn't sure how to get him. Should I keep Shockey for my backup or keep Carlson for backup, and pick up Moeaki? Thanks for the input.