Haynesworth signs in Washington as spendings spree continues...

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Looks like Obama is not the only person is Washington that likes to spend money!! Daniel Snyder is breaking the bank once again early in FA. With DeAngelo Hall inked to a large deal, they bring in the premier free agent of the year in Albert Haynesworth with a 7 yr 100 mil deal!!! This deal could reach 115 mil with incentives.

Albert Haynesworth agrees to 7-year deal with Redskins - ESPN

Coachnorm

Whew, That was one of the rumors I heard was a multi-year $100 deal. My profs to the folks at the Houston Chronicle, they broke that rumor.

RLLD

Instant upgrade for that defense, and if you couple it with Hall you begin to get a sense that the Redskins are going to have a strong defensive squad in 2009

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I agree, but man what Haynesworth brings to a team is tremendous. This will make them a threat.....it also means that IMO Tennessee becomes just another team....

RLLD

Its thier offense that needed the help. Defense alone isn't going to see them through.

With Portis at RB they can emphasize ball control to help Campbell my minimizing his exposure and help avoid mistakes.

Likely wont matter too much this year, but recall that they did invest in two pretty good WR's in last years draft. One might emerge as a tangible playmaker this season, certainly they could have a formidable passing game in the coming years.

If they can run Portis and Bett's all game, then let Campbell dump to Cooley, hold the ball all game, and let their defense keep the score low, they could be a notable threat in the NFC

Arctic Dawgs

With Portis at RB they can emphasize ball control to help Campbell my minimizing his exposure and help avoid mistakes.

Likely wont matter too much this year, but recall that they did invest in two pretty good WR's in last years draft. One might emerge as a tangible playmaker this season, certainly they could have a formidable passing game in the coming years.

If they can run Portis and Bett's all game, then let Campbell dump to Cooley, hold the ball all game, and let their defense keep the score low, they could be a notable threat in the NFC

I would also think that another year into Zorns offense will help. It is a difficult scheme for players to master in 1 year

:hmmm: