Gonzo is a Dirty Bird - Official

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Tony Gonzalez likely headed to Falcons

Speculation at this point but this rumor has been bubbling for weeks now. Gonzalez may net the Chefs the pick used to acquire Cassel which would be freaking brilliant if it comes to fruition.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
this would be great for the continued development of Matt Ryan and the young Falcon offense.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
This would eliminate the need to draft Pettigrew, which almost everyone on this planet and most others have the Falcons taking. Would be great to give them the flexibility to lock in a different need in the first then snagging a decent developmental TE in a later round.
I don't know that Gonzo's worth a 2nd rounder though, at this stage of his career.

ExperiencedRookie

What pick does Atlanta have in the draft? Are they projected to take a TE in the 1st round?

Is Atlanta the type of team that is really going to utilize the TE position?

Runnik's Hambones

Yes, actually ER. TE was the first thing that ever came to my mind when I was writing up my mock draft this year. I had Atlanta grabbing Pettigrew in the 1st.

Like Wes, my first thought when seeing this thread was: Not only was I right about Atlanta going TE, but hell, they don't need to anymore if this happens.

Would be huge for the Falcons. Seriously, that would be a spectacular move for them, crappy one for both the Chiefs and us Bucs fans.

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
Because it seems as if Atlanta doesn't use their TE nearly as efficiently as the Chiefs. He is THE weapon there. Granted Crumpler did well in that system, but that was with Vick. It just makes me nervous as a Gonzo owner.

ExperiencedRookie

Not sure where that would put Tony's value. I'm guessing that Atlanta will have more redzone trips than than KC, so there is more scoring opportunities. Turner seems to be the RZ guy right now though.

I don't think this makes a huge impact fantasy wise for anyone more than the guys on KC that Tony would be leaving. I think Cassels value drops WAY off. LJ's value takes another dip(if that's even possible). Bowe would also receive more coverage.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Hmm........the Cook kid from South Carolina in a Chiefs Uniform.....Pettigrew in a Chiefs Uniform.......fits the "youth movement"

Runnik's Hambones

Pettigrew in a Chief's uniform? Keep dreaming, he's not a top 5 pick, whatsoever. That would be a horrible selection. Go Aaron Curry. If you REALLY want TE, go Chase Coffman in later rounds.

DearbornDolfan

Not sure where that would put Tony's value. I'm guessing that Atlanta will have more redzone trips than than KC, so there is more scoring opportunities. Turner seems to be the RZ guy right now though.

They were going to Peele a lot later in the season, especially as a red zone target. Peele couldn't hack it as the Fins' third TE, so it's not a stretch to say that even now Gonzo's a better TE than Peele has ever been.

I don't think this makes a huge impact fantasy wise for anyone more than the guys on KC that Tony would be leaving. I think Cassels value drops WAY off. LJ's value takes another dip(if that's even possible). Bowe would also receive more coverage.

If this move goes through you can pretty much lock in Crabs to KC @ 3.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
If Coffman's there with their 3rd rounder, I'd lock him in there. Missouri kid staying home and he's a fantastic pass-catching TE.

Runnik's Hambones

Like I said earlier, Chase Coffman in later rounds. He's projected to be taken in the 3rd. Go Aaron Curry in the first, then KC has 2 picks in the 2nd to address needs (not to mention the fact that if they did deal Gonzo they'd get more picks likely), and then get Coffman in the 3rd if not sooner.

ExperiencedRookie

Like I said earlier, Chase Coffman in later rounds. He's projected to be taken in the 3rd. Go Aaron Curry in the first, then KC has 2 picks in the 2nd to address needs (not to mention the fact that if they did deal Gonzo they'd get more picks likely), and then get Coffman in the 3rd if not sooner.

KC doesn't have any picks in the 2nd round.

Remote Controller

You might be able to come up with an example, or two, of a TE (or a wideout for that matter) that changed teams and didn't miss a step productivity wise, but fantasy football history clearly shows that Gonzo won't match last years production. Hell, he'd have had a hard enough time matching last years productivity staying in KC with the same QB, let alone a new team, system, and QB.