Glen Coffee Retires

brtdud7

Glen Coffee retires | ProFootballTalk.com

Well, we now have an explanation for Glen Coffee's mysterious absence from training camp.

According to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, Coffee has retired.

Per Maiocco, Coffee exits the game after drawing the ire of position coach Tom Rathman by getting blown up by Mike Balogun on a blitz.

A third-round pick in 2009 out of Alabama, Coffee had 83 carries for 226 yards in 14 appearances as a rookie, with two starts.

The 49ers are left with Frank Gore, Michael Robinson, and Anthony Dixon at running back. We've got a feeling that they'll be making a move to replace Coffee, soon.

The team will be able to recover the balance of his $828,000 signing bonus on a four-year deal.

It works out to $621,000.

anthony dixon time, baby

brtdud7

Well, hopefully we either go for Westbrook or trade for marshawn Lynch

wasn;t marshie on the block for like a 5th round pick?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Gore is the whole offense anyway. Lynch wouldnt make much sense in San Fran. Now Willis McGahee might.
Posted via Mobile Device

brtdud7

Being that the Ravens need secondary depth, maybe they'd do a trade of Michael Lewis for McGahee. Then we can move Taylor to SS. Who knows. I'm just speculating.

If only we had signed OJ Atogwe

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Anybody think this is a stunt to get out of his contract so he could then unretire and sign with another team? Similar to how Favre did the Jets.
Posted via Mobile Device

Runnik's Hambones

No, from what I've read the likely reason is that he's actually retiring to get into the ministry. He's a devout Christian and it looks like there's a possibility that he feels called to do that instead.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
So what, the little he played while F.Gore was injured last season showed nothing and the Niners know it thats reason for drafting rookie RB Anthony Dixon

5 letter word for cat :hmmm: Pussy is this the correct answer :duckhunt:

Lanigiro

A friend of mine suggested that maybe he tested positive for performance enhancing drugs and this is just the 49ers way of being nice and letting him off without public embarassment.