Give Sarge Your Opinion: Tim Tebow

Mike

Administrator
Man, I want to see how he does this year. Will the Haden experiment cause problems for Tebow?

I feel that Tebow is NFL QB material. He seems to be able to make all the throws, and does it in a very tough division. Being able to run is just a plus as far as I am concerned, but showcasing himself for the NFL could create problems if he tries to adapt his style.

It's the NFL though, and that is a huge leap for any player, especially a Quarterback, and also especially if you are branded as a running quarterback.

----------------------------------------------------------

• Tim Tebow can divide by zero.
  • Tim Tebow counted to infinity. Twice.
  • When it rains in the swamp Tim Tebow doesn't get wet. The rain gets Tim Tebow'd.
  • Superman's only weakness is Kryptonite. Tim Tebow laughs at Superman for having a weakness.
The Hot Corner: The Tebow-Meyer Experiment

----------------------------------------------------------

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
LOL! Nice.

He can take a hit thats for sure. Could be a Daunte Culpepper type. Then again he has yet to be hit by ANYTHING like DeMarcus Ware, Lamarr Woodley, Troy Polumalu, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, etc etc.

Mike

Administrator
When I look at Tebow, I see a combination of Steve Young and Brett Favre, which is scary.

He has the toughness that Brett Favre displayed. Favre was mobile, but chose not to run most of the time. He could have, but was so strong that he could fight off pressure, rather than run from it.

Faster than Favre, which makes me think of Steve Young.

Basically has Favre's strength, and Young's ability to run.

Scary combination if he can put it all together at the NFL level.

Jerry, are you reading this?

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Are you cheating on Romo? :)

Yeah, I know...I know.

Tebow could cut his teeth with the Wildcat for a year and then take the starting job. Of all the QBs to come out the last few years, I think Tebow is by far the most mature and intelligent.

At least he wont show up with a tub full of hookers on the internet (Leinart).

Mike

Administrator
Are you cheating on Romo? :)

I have yet to be sold on Romo. I like the guy, and not down on him like some for specific games, or for the hot ex girlfriend, but I just need to see more from a Cowboys QB, and hopefully, he shows it this year.

I would avoid putting him in any Wildcat type formation, because that is short term in the NFL, and does nothing but stunt his growth as a true NFL quarterback. Gimmicks only work so long at this level.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I think if Dallas were to take him next year you need to get him on the field, and do so without damaging the psyche of Romo. The wildcat gets Tebow on the field in a way which allows him to take a shotgun snap as a "RB" and run otherwise normal plays.

Im not saying let him run the ball or do halfback passes, but hed have to be on the field at least a little.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
I agree with Mike here. I want to see how he handles his position this year. Seems they are trying to prime him as more of a pocket QB so he can make the leap to the NFL and have success. This up coming season will definitly be a deal maker/breaker for him for what position he will play in the NFL. As he sits right now, he would be a lifer back up QB or maybe even a TE. He has to prove himself as a pocket passer. Running QBs have short lives in the NFL.

Compared to V. Young/B. Favre ? That i don't get. VY had a mental breakdown when he couldn't compete and BF ......enough said. Hopefully your talking about VY when he was back in Texas and BF back in his prime.

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
I agree with Mike here. I want to see how he handles his position this year. Seems they are trying to prime him as more of a pocket QB so he can make the leap to the NFL and have success. This up coming season will definitly be a deal maker/breaker for him for what position he will play in the NFL. As he sits right now, he would be a lifer back up QB or maybe even a TE. He has to prove himself as a pocket passer. Running QBs have short lives in the NFL.

Compared to V. Young/B. Favre ? That i don't get. VY had a mental breakdown when he couldn't compete and BF ......enough said. Hopefully your talking about VY when he was back in Texas and BF back in his prime.

Steve Young, not Vince (straight jacket) Young :grin:

I think Tebow did the right thing by maturing mind and body and playing another year of college ball as the NFL QB position is the hardest to master, coming out early and being thrown to the NFL wolves will make or break the best college QB.

Look at Peyton Manning, he spent his 1st year on his back, he persevered and become one of the best QBs to ever play the game, lots dont fair so well.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Steve Young, not Vince (straight jacket) Young :grin:

I think Tebow did the right thing by maturing mind and body and playing another year of college ball as the NFL QB position is the hardest to master, coming out early and being thrown to the NFL wolves will make or break the best college QB.

Look at Peyton Manning, he spent his 1st year on his back, he persevered and become one of the best QBs to ever play the game, lots dont fair so well.

LOL, VY and SY now thats a big difference. WTF was i thinking. I now wonder if i was reading the same thing i was looking at.

As a person, Tebow is a class act. A real role model for young people or anybody dying for a role model. And 'cause of that, i hope he does have success in the NFL.

WesDawg

'Burghapologist
I think if Dallas were to take him next year you need to get him on the field, and do so without damaging the psyche of Romo.

If he shows any ability whatsoever this year to make NFL-caliber passes, he'll never make it to Dallas' selection.
Unless they totally tank, which is of course entirely possible. (and would be borderline entertaining to some.. LOL)