Former NFL LB Junior Seau dies

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld,

TMZ reports that former Patriots and Chargers LB Junior Seau was found dead Wednesday in his Oceanside (CA) home.
TMZ's report cites multiple law enforcement sources. Police are currently investigating the 43-year-old's death, but initial rumors are that it may have been a suicide. In October of 2010, Seau was arrested for felony spousal assault with injury after allegedly driving his SUV off a cliff in Carlsbad. Following the incident, Seau denied vehemently that he had attempted suicide.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Seau's body was discovered by a housekeeper at his California home Wednesday. Seau was a 12-time Pro Bowler and is eligible for Hall of Fame enshrinement in 2015 after ending his playing career in 2009. He was voted first-team All-Pro six times.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
North County Times is reporting this is a self inflicted gun shot as well......just tragic and only going to poor more gasoline into the mental health issues of former players.

Mike

Administrator
Obvious that it is suicide, he left multiple suicide notes.

I feel for the family he left behind and those who were looking up to him within the community.

gizzil

damn dude... this is ****ed - they should require something like outpatient therapy for these guys clearly, even if just to check up... but really driving the car over the cliff was quite certainly an attempt, or at least a cry for help.

cctekguy

Staff member
Fame and fortune is apparently not the secret to happiness.

Though I'd be willing to take a crack at it.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Fame and fortune is apparently not the secret to happiness.

Though I'd be willing to take a crack at it.

I'd guess that the loss of these and especially the fame had more to do with this then the game of football it self. Outlaw famous people and the rich before you start trying to do away with the game.

Coachnorm

Tragic.

Seau was always a player that deserved extra attention when he was on the field and you were watching the D.