Florida State safety Myron Rolle will study at Oxford

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
This guy is the exception among a culture of assclowns. It seems like there are thousands of reports about big program and pro football players acting the fool. In the spirit of balanced reporting I'm taking a few seconds out to honor a guy who is working hard in the classroom and has plans that transcend sport.

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- Florida State safety Myron Rolle will study at Oxford instead of entering this year's NFL draft.
Rolle won a Rhodes scholarship in November and plans to seek a one-year master's degree in medical anthropology, The New York Times reported Monday in an entry on its college football blog.
"I'm very excited to go," Rolle wrote in a text message to the newspaper.
Rolle, projected to be an early round pick, said he plans to enter the 2010 NFL draft.
Rolle, from Galloway, N.J., got his undergraduate degree in pre-med after two and a half years, and has been taking graduate courses at Florida State this year.
After his NFL career, Rolle has said he plans to attend medical school and then open a clinic for the needy in the Bahamas.

Good for you Myron.

Linkage

Runnik's Hambones

Myron made the best choice in this situation. Football can wait; spend a year accomplishing something for yourself, your university and your family by attending one of the greatest Universities the world has known. The NFL will always be here. As a football fan, I'm proud to see someone who has their priorities strait.