Fishing Boat Missing with 3 NFL players on it..

nicholete

Hope comes with batteries
Can i get more information i can't click on the link. do we know who the players are? how long have they been missing?

Bayton

A cold front moved through the Bay area last night and as such the seas were a bit choppier than usual. So, the fact that they havent returned yet does not bode well. Hope they are found soon.

dukdown

Banned
Not personally knowing much of anything about boating, I had read that a 21-foot boat was small, but really wasn't able to put it into perspective until I read today that they have enlarged the size of the search boats from 87-feet to 110-feet.

Guess these guys knew each other from their days playing for Tampa Bay.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Coast guard is reporting they've found an overturned boat with a person hanging on to it. Let's hope this is it and they find these guys.

RLLD

Not personally knowing much of anything about boating, I had read that a 21-foot boat was small, but really wasn't able to put it into perspective until I read today that they have enlarged the size of the search boats from 87-feet to 110-feet.

Guess these guys knew each other from their days playing for Tampa Bay.

I have spent some time on the water, and small squalls on the Chesapeake have washed us ashore on 21, 24 and even 30 ft boats......

I have also taken 30 and 40 ft boats out around the Caribbean, and even four or five ft swells banging you from teh wrong angle will turn that boat....

A 21 ft boat, a simple center console, does not stand a chance in a storm, certainly not one that would be found 50 miles offshore in the gulf....that was just plain dumb:bonk:

Birdman

Ready For Some Football
anything new on this?

The Coast Guard has reportedly found an overturned boat with a "person clinging to it" off the Gulf of Mexico.

The St. Petersburg Times reports the person is Nick Schuyler, who was fishing with Corey Smith, Marquis Cooper, and Will Bleakley late Saturday. Schuyler's father has confirmed he is alive and talking. There is no word on the other men that were on the boat. The search has been going on for over 24 hours. Mar. 2 - 12:48 pm et

Runnik's Hambones

As sad as it is, there's not much else they can do. Those guys have been out at sea for more than 125 hours. Hypothermia would have set in something fierce, hours ago. If those guys were on the surface, the coast guard would have found them right now.

My thoughts and prayers go out to both the lost at sea, and their grieving families.