Fantasy Prejudice

cctekguy

Staff member
There are some guys I just don't want on my team. No reason, really. Some of them are very good and I'm sure would make my team better, but when I see their name, I just pass over it as though they have cooties.

Not sure where the prejudice comes from. Could be the team they are on, something they did off the field, the college they went to, etc. but there is no denying that it affects my team and my draft. Maybe it's just guys I've owned before and they sucked (cough....Doug Martin).

A few others: Darren McFadden, Dwayne Bowe, Rashad Jennings, Desean Jackson, Matt Stafford, Tony Romo, Kyle Rudolph, Mercedes Lewis, Reggie Bush, Julian Edelman...the list goes on.

I don't "hate" these guys but when I see their names on a list, I just think "yuck" and look for something better.

Anyone else suffer from Fantasy Prejudice?

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Kaep, he's a useless bum in my book. I can say that after owning him for 3 years.

Brady, I've always avoided him.

Fitzgerald, no real reason except I never liked him.

McFadden, not into Hogs.

Woodhead, name says it all.

efactor

Coming at you
My local draft is today. Best day of the year. BBQ, a lot of fun trash talk. Good Times.

My do not draft list:

-No Seattle players
-No Rams
-No 49ers except for possibly Boldin. With a lot of Niner fans drafting, Hyde and Kaep will go higher than I would be willing to take them

Everyone else is a possibility.................

Deacon

Bacon=greatest of all!
T Y Hilton, can't stand his inconsistency!

Any Dallas player cause well it's a Dallas player!

Matthew Stafford, until they remove his picture from next to the definition of overhyped I can't roll with him!

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Brady, I've always avoided him.

Fess up time for me. I took Brady in my $$ league last week. I made him my 4th round pick. We keep 7 players so it was kind of, sort of the 11th. Seemed like good value at the moment. I'm expecting that chip on his shoulder to fire him up.

Anyone else draft a player that you have a "prejudice" against?

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I will always avoid Wrs and Rbs coming off Knee or foot injuries, never the same that next year.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Adrian Peterson, Julio Jones and Jeremy Maclin have rebounded just fine.
AP did it the next year yes, as did Maclin, but no one was sure on either. That is two, as for jones...he has been hurt off and on and missed one or two games a couple of years I think.

efactor

Coming at you
AP did it the next year yes, as did Maclin, but no one was sure on either. That is two, as for jones...he has been hurt off and on and missed one or two games a couple of years I think.

In 2013, Jones went out after week 5 for the season (my #1 pick in IBL that year) with the foot injury and came back strong in 2014.