Efforts to reform BCS face tall order in Congress

MtTacWa

Old Jackass...
COLLEGE FOOTBALL '09: Despite spotlight, efforts to reform BCS face tall order in Congress

Rep. Joe Barton had a plane to catch, but he wanted to give college football officials a warning before leaving the highly publicized hearing.

Peering down from the podium, the Republican said in his Texas twang that unless the officials took action toward a playoff system in two months, Congress would likely move on his legislation aimed at forcing their hand.
More than three months have passed, and Barton's bill hasn't moved. Such is the way with college football and Congress.

For years, lawmakers have railed against the Bowl Championship Series, calling it an unfair way to select a national champion. A lot of righteous thundering, however, has not yielded anything on the legislative front.

News on Bowl Championship Series / Efforts to reform BCS face tall order in Congress

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Sure there is. Get rid of the preseason top 25, have teams stop playing inferior teams, get rid of the BCS. Keep the conference championships and set up playoffs. Do a 14-16 team palyoff and then play a real championship at the end. It works in college Basketball so why not in Football.

MtTacWa

Old Jackass...
Sure there is. Get rid of the preseason top 25, have teams stop playing inferior teams, get rid of the BCS. Keep the conference championships and set up playoffs. Do a 14-16 team palyoff and then play a real championship at the end. It works in college Basketball so why not in Football.

I remember this argument before, and I totally agree....

It was the Conference's that complained that it would take away the players from the classroom.....to which I stated "WTF.....that already happens in CBB right now....on a larger scale :headscratch: