FA Signing: Eagles sign Ronnie Brown

Bull

Damn, Eagles signing everyone. Certainly a better compliment to Shady than Jerome Harrison was.

Bull

man i am so pumped for this season :banana:

Until Vick gets lit up and injured and you have to bring in Vince. Wait until Vince is your QB and gets sacked and comes up teary eyed and sucking his thumb. You might have to bring back Garcia and have him take turns handing it to Shady and Ronnie.

cctekguy

Staff member
I'm not a big Eagles fan but I too am excited to watch them this year.

Brown was a nice addition for the Eagles and I'm glad to see Brown get a chance at a ring.

Osiris

Fantasy Football Pharaoh
Need your reasoning for this one???

It doesn't makes sense for both parties...

Ronnie Brown - he should be looking for an opportunity to play a larger role. Obviously that probably means he would go to a sh*tty team, but one would think the guy still has a desire to be a starter and not throw in the towel to be a backup. This move does nothing for his career.

Eagles - McCoy is the real deal. He's basically a more powerful version of Westbrook. Also, he played all season last year with broken ribs...so we know he has a high pain threshold. I think he proved he can handle the rock 300+ times (carries and receptions). When you have a stud RB like McCoy, you don't need to bring in a guy like Ronnie Brown. It's overkill. I thought hey were set with Harrison as a backup and developing young guys for depth. Harrison is nothing special, but he has proven he can get he job done when called upon. Bringing in Brown could lead to locker room problems...too many big egos wanting the ball.

Although...Ronnie Brown is pretty good insurance against a McCoy injury, but it just doesn't make sense...think about if Barry Sanders left the Lions to join Emmitt Smith and the Cowboys...

Remote Controller

Ronnie had three other deals available to him. All three worth considerably more. He chose this deal for the reason you mentioned. he wants to win it all. The eagles have done all of this on the CHEAP!! They have really pulled off one of the greatest off seasons ever. Players want to go there cheap to win. I feel the team owes a debt of graditude to Vick. These guys think he is going to walk on water and deliver wine from vases of water! .....and he might! They have under paid every acquisition they have landed, and they liked it!

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
Excellent back up for McCoy. Like what was said earlier, he wants to win it all, so that may have been the reasoning.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
(KFFL) Philadelphia Eagles RB Ronnie Brown is unlikely to see more than a handful of touches or snaps per game provided RB LeSean McCoy stays healthy this year. Brown projects to be the team's top backup behind McCoy, but playing time may be slim. RB Jerome Harrison, McCoy's backup last year, had just 19 carries in Weeks 9 to 15 last season. Considered a solid blocker, Brown could be used at times in pass protection. He may not unseat McCoy in short-yardage situations, an area that McCoy converted eight of 10 3rd-and-3 opportunities a year ago.

ExperiencedRookie

(KFFL) Philadelphia Eagles RB Ronnie Brown is unlikely to see more than a handful of touches or snaps per game provided RB LeSean McCoy stays healthy this year. Brown projects to be the team's top backup behind McCoy, but playing time may be slim. RB Jerome Harrison, McCoy's backup last year, had just 19 carries in Weeks 9 to 15 last season. Considered a solid blocker, Brown could be used at times in pass protection. He may not unseat McCoy in short-yardage situations, an area that McCoy converted eight of 10 3rd-and-3 opportunities a year ago.

Even with a fully healthy McCoy for 16 games, Brown will absolutely see a lot more than 19 carries! He is far more talented than Jerome Harrison and will be used! He will steal touches, catches, and TDs from McCoy.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Even with a fully healthy McCoy for 16 games, Brown will absolutely see a lot more than 19 carries! He is far more talented than Jerome Harrison and will be used! He will steal touches, catches, and TDs from McCoy.

uh...nope.