Drew Brees wants LT in New Orleans

Runnik's Hambones

Drew Brees made a case for LT earlier this week on a San Diego radio show. Brees claimed that he would love for Tomlinson to be a Saint with him.

I think this would be a great move for the Saints, and for LT. Obviously the best choice for him would be to remain a Charger, but I can't think of a second best scenario then for LT to go to New Orleans with Drew Brees and the NFL's top offense last year. Now that Deuce is gone, I think this would be a huge grab for the Saints.

Scary as a Bucs fan, but atm I'm dreading the season as is.

NFL.com Blogs Blog Archive Brees: ‘I’d love to have (L.T.) in New Orleans’

Here's a link to the actual Brees interview: http://www.xxsportsradio.com/common/global_audio/40/5149.mp3

Runnik's Hambones

Exactly RC! I don't think there would be an argument if I said LT is better Deuce. I would assume, Miller, that Bush would want this. At least if I were assuming that Bush wants to win, because with LT in that backfield, I see the NFC South Champs.

Remote Controller

This would be a carreer extending move for both, giving Bush a shot at all reception records by a back. They have Thomas to take the tough stuff. I would be for this, and I would love to see it happen!

Mike

Administrator
The offense would have to change though for it to really be a benefit. You can have 20 running backs on the roster, but if you continue to throw the ball 50-60 times per game, you are generally going to lose a bunch of them.

Sure, you score a lot of points, but you are also killing your defense in the process because of the huge time of posession swing

Remote Controller

The offense would have to change though for it to really be a benefit. You can have 20 running backs on the roster, but if you continue to throw the ball 50-60 times per game, you are generally going to lose a bunch of them.

Sure, you score a lot of points, but you are also killing your defense in the process because of the huge time of posession swing
I agree, but the way their passing game is their running game to some extent, helps some. They do need to attempt to run more.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
When Bush first entered the league, they ran a whole lot more with McCallister and Bush. Why not revert to that with LT?

Runnik's Hambones

My thought's exactly Phic. Bush should be an ever-so-often sweep/slot/return RB. Give LT the majority of the runs, 20 or less a game. Thomas is there for the tough yard pounding when needed. This would free up the receivers as well, make teams have to respect the run a bit more. I'd love this move for NO.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
I like this move for the fact LT can run the football with authority AND catch passes. Bush might resent it, but it could lead to more productive things for him in the long run.

The Ram

Half Man, Half Amazing
Mortenson thinks this situation comes to a head this week. LT running for any other team than the Bolts would be an exciting move.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Report on ESPN right now that SD has offered its last contract renegotiation to LT. Lets see what happens. I find it really hard to believe that they will just cut him....maybe a trade?

Mike

Administrator
Bush might resent it, but it could lead to more productive things for him in the long run.

Before Bush resents anything, he needs to figure out not only how to produce when he is on the field consistently (and in other places than between the 20's), but also how to stay on the field consistently. This guy has been fighting a knee issue for quite some time now (two seasons).