Draft tomorrow - email with another coach in my league

gruntbusters

hehehe...heheheh..hehe...
heh....nothing like being prepared for the upcoming draft! We start ours with the 1st pick of the NFL draft. 10 team dynasty league. Read up from the bottom....

I don’t know who Weeden is…

Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 3:33 PM
To: Jack
Subject: RE: tomorrow

Chris Polk fall to you? RB? WR? Lots of WR’s ….Do you take a chance and go Weeden?

Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 3:32 PM
To: Me
Subject: RE: tomorrow

No idea…

Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 3:30 PM
To: Jack
Subject: tomorrow

Pick 2.01!!!!!! Who you targeting????

xqj47alpha

Banned
wasn't he the principal in Ferris Bueller's Day Off?

wait, that was Rooney.

you guys are drafting tomorrow?

btw, there's a reason you don't know who he is.
he'll be ok on someone's bench or w/w.

gruntbusters

Exactly but he's the #4 qb on some boards, if u are doing the research you have at least heard of the guy lol. And should know to avoid him

xqj47alpha

Banned
First round draft pick of the Cleveland Browns.
With a 'franchise' RB selected too, it's tough to see either doing that well.

If you have some kind of feeling that this is what will finally turn the Browns around, by all means jump on board.
If not, get some OTC meds to relieve that feeling and run. Don't walk, run.

I could be wrong.

maybe the Browns will prove all you need is a QB and an RB and the rest of the team will just fall into place.

gruntbusters

Heh..crazy how we talk crap about him and BAM...1st round selection. Weird. I mean..he's my sleeper...yeah that's it.

xqj47alpha

Banned
There isn't any doubt whatsoever that it takes a certain kind of mentality to play in the NFL. No doubt.

How can a player achieve said level when they would rather not? Like, they would rather play baseball. How could it be possible that somehow they had a change of heart and football is life? Never mind the fact they took five or six years off from the game.

No NFL QB worth talking about in the circles of good NFL QB's ever tried MLB first. Unless you want to go back to the days when Connie Mack would fill out a 'pro' football team with some of his players.

I wonder, how many QB's drafted in the first round have won a SB with the team that drafted them?
the Mannings
Troy
Big Ben
Elway

and then, look at how long it took, or how good the rest of the team was or had to become before they could really shine.

Other than Eli Manning, I don't think there has ever been a QB worthy of the title "Franchise QB".

xqj47alpha

Banned
GB drafted Rodgers

Aikman went #1 overall to Dallas

prolly several more out there as well
I listed Aikman as Troy

To me the best example of why drafting a QB number 1 is almost always the wrong thing to do:
Jim Plunkett is a physical wreck and a catastrophic bust in New England only to become a two-time SB winning QB with Al Davis and Tom Flores.

xqj47alpha

Banned
Hey Gruntster!
wanted to bump this a smidge to maybe get your input.

You waiting for someone to let go of Colt McCoy? or is that pretty unlikely in this league?
I like him to have some good seasons worth fantasy consideration in a back-up or spot role