Draft question?

The Bandon Boy

I'm in a dynasty league and have the first pick of the draft. It's rookies only. So who would you guys take number one this year?

jjtweeks

I think I would go Sankey because I would feel i had to but really I like West and Mason better(and becasue I like them better I would want to trade down). 12,14,16 team league? If its 14 or 16 teams i would def go RB but thats just me I would never take a WR unless he had CJ type hype. I think Cooks has the best shot of shinning at WR postion because of whos throwing to him, I doubt Watkins and EJ will be spectactular together this year.

The Bandon Boy

So it's a 14 team league. I have Daniel Thomas , Ronnie Hillman, Montee Ball, Knile Davis, Giovani Bernard, Dennis Johnson, Joseph Randle, and Robert Turbin as my rbs. My Wr's are Donnie Avery, Percy Harvin, Brandon Gibson, Rueben Randle, and Reggie Wayne. I have the 1st and the 8th picks in the first round and the 1st and last picks in the 2nd round and 1st pick of the 3rd.

Man I haven't look at my roster in awhile and boy it sucks. No wonder I finished last.

ExperiencedRookie

I agree with JJ especially after seeing your RBs. You need an instant impact RB. Stanley seems like the guy for that.

That bring said, that first pick can look awfully tempting to other owners. Any chance of trading it for a nice player?

bodey24

Staff member
I would take Sankey with the first pick and then target someone like Mathews or cooks with the 8th pick.

Beermutts

Raven Maniac
Trade down if you can, it seems West is going to be the best of the RB bunch and he might not make it to #8.

To me here are your options:

Trade down into the 4/5 spot and target West than at 8 select Mathews
Trade up from 8 into 4/5 spot, take West there and Mike Evans #1
Stay put and select Evans #1 and Mason/Mathews #8

Also don't forget about Hyde. Gore will be replaced and Hyde could be that guy.

You really need WR help more than RB, IMO, Ball and Bernard are a great 1/2 tandem

Sankey looks like a RBBC guy

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Trade down if you can, it seems West is going to be the best of the RB bunch and he might not make it to #8.

To me here are your options:

Trade down into the 4/5 spot and target West than at 8 select Mathews
Trade up from 8 into 4/5 spot, take West there and Mike Evans #1
Stay put and select Evans #1 and Mason/Mathews #8

Also don't forget about Hyde. Gore will be replaced and Hyde could be that guy.

You really need WR help more than RB, IMO, Ball and Bernard are a great 1/2 tandem

Sankey looks like a RBBC guy
I kind of agree here. Looking at your roster wr is where you need to most value. But with the best rookie going to Buffalo, I don't think he has the value.

I would do the following - trade down as suggested by Mutts, and see if you can snag Evans in TB or West at rb.
Or take Sankey, and then try to trade off some of you Rb talent to get some Wr help.

Basically I assume you will start: Ball/Bernard at rb, Harvin and Gibson/Randle and hope Wayne is healthy. Bernard and Bell with Sankey will be solid(no RBBC in Tenn, so this is where I disagree with Mutts). With those three young Rbs, you are set for the future, and then can build WR after that.

there are a ton of great young Wrs, Matthews for Philly might just be there at 8 for ya.

discoverecology

Revvin' for Seven!!
So it's a 14 team league. I have Daniel Thomas , Ronnie Hillman, Montee Ball, Knile Davis, Giovani Bernard, Dennis Johnson, Joseph Randle, and Robert Turbin as my rbs.

Man I haven't look at my roster in awhile and boy it sucks. No wonder I finished last.

Up till Dennis Johnson and Turbin I like your running backs a lot.

According to my sources the best running backs in order are: Sankey, Carey, Freeman, Hill, and Hyde.

The best wide receivers are: Evans, Watkins, Beckham, Cooks, Benjamin, Matthews, Bryant (Steelers), Robinson, Lee, and Paul Richardson.

Good luck.

Last edited: