Do We Still Sit Vs. Revis?

Is Darell Revis still a guy we should have second thoughts starting good WR's against? I benched Mike Wallace for that reason last week but Wallace put up good numbers.

Is Revis Island still a thing?

ExperiencedRookie

Is Darell Revis still a guy we should have second thoughts starting good WR's against? I benched Mike Wallace for that reason last week but Wallace put up good numbers.

Is Revis Island still a thing?
I think Revis Island disappeared just like the island on season 4 of Lost.

It certainly shouldn't effect his potential matchup this weekend with C Patterson. That dude gets used in too many funky ways for a CB to truly take him away

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
I thought I read somewhere that revis wasn't shadowing Wallace. He was playing one side of the field like Seattle does with Richard Sherman.

ExperiencedRookie

I thought I read somewhere that revis wasn't shadowing #1's. He was playing one side of the field like Seattle does with Richard Sherman.
Am I the only person who thinks that defensive concept is a bit flawed?

You take a premiere defender, and then let the offense dictate who he's going to cover. Green Bay had Boykin lined up against Sherman more than half the time. Oh no! Don't take away Jerrett Boykin! How will we ever complete a pass?? ;)

German CTL

Circle City Outlaw
I think the idea is that it pretty much cuts the size of the field almost in half for the opposing QB. Leaving the rest of the secondary with a smaller piece of the field to defend and that part of the field never changes.