Dez assisted off field, MRI coming

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld,
Dez Bryant needed to be assisted off the practice field with an injured ankle at Cowboys training camp Friday. He is scheduled for an MRI.

This will put a dent into hyped rookie's fast start. The injury reportedly looked serious on the field, and occurred after a collision with Cowboys nickel back Orlando Scandrick on the second to last play of Friday's practice. For what it's worth, Scandrick believes Bryant "will be all right."
Source: Dallas Morning News

DearbornDolfan

High ankle or low ankle, that is the question?

I saw the collision and tangle on NFLN, so I'd have to guess a low ankle sprain. Could be wrong, but I've had so many low ankle sprains (to the point where my ankle tendons are basically loose rubber bands) from playing basketball I'm fairly familiar with the injury.

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
The thread title is going to give some folks in early draft dynasty leagues a brief fright. Good thing it is only an ankle.

Coachnorm

An MRI confirmed the team's fear of a high ankle sprain. Cowboys vice president Stephen Jones had expressed hope that Bryant, who had a spectacular start to training camp, would be out for only a few days or a week.

That was what I was worried about when I heard MRI. That usually signals a little more concern about an ankle injury.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
rotoworld,
SI's Peter King reports that the Cowboys' front office is confident Dez Bryant (high ankle sprain) will be ready for Week 1.

King had dinner with owner Jerry Jones on Friday night, and Jones mentioned that opponents at least won't be able to scout Bryant during the preseason. Bryant could be ready for the exhibition finale if he makes it back by the most positive end of his 4-6 week timetable, but we can't imagine him risking aggravation. Most likely, he'll open the season in a very limited role.
Source: Peter King on Twitter

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
D.Bryant may be ready, the question is how healthy will is ankle really be, will it be a problem down the road with the possibility of re-injury.

:hmmm: :xpopcorn:

DearbornDolfan

I retract my earlier statement, it's blatantly obvious from the amount of time he'll be missing that it's a high ankle sprain.

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
(TheHuddle) Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has tempered his optimism about WR Dez Bryant playing in the preseason, according to Tim MacMahon, of ESPNDallas.com. The team needs to weigh the risks before putting the receiver on the field for a game that doesn't count in the standings. Bryant would like to return for the Aug. 28 game versus the Houston Texans. "I just think it'd be best for me to go out there to get some work in," Bryant said. "I just feel like I need the feel of the game. I need to get a hit or something."
Analysis: Bryant knows that he'll acclimate to the NFL game more quickly with some game reps, and if he's healthy enough to fully participate in practice you can expect the Cowboys to get him some game action to help speed that process.