FA Signing: DeAngelo Williams back with Panthers

storminn0rm

Brewmaster
I'm disappointed.

I was hoping DWill would find a gig where he could shine.

He can still shine in Carolina. Last year Carolina's O-line was under a huge injury plague. There was no where to run. With Cam Newton being a running threat and a healthy O-line, DWill will have plenty of holes to run through. DWill and Stewart will be a great 1-2 punch.

cctekguy

Staff member
He can still shine in Carolina. Last year Carolina's O-line was under a huge injury plague. There was no where to run. With Cam Newton being a running threat and a healthy O-line, DWill will have plenty of holes to run through. DWill and Stewart will be a great 1-2 punch.

mmmmm....sorry, not buying.

Carolina is pathetic and having 2 solid RB's only means that 2 solid RB will underachieve.

Can't run if you can't pass.

Remote Controller

Cams legs will help some. I just hope he can keep them beneath him. The return of Steve Smith would also aid this squad, but that's probably the pipe dream.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
mmmmm....sorry, not buying.

Carolina is pathetic and having 2 solid RB's only means that 2 solid RB will underachieve.

Can't run if you can't pass.
Take a look a little harder then. In 08 both were pretty good. 09 wasn't too bad. Last year DeWill got blown up, and missed most of the season. Carolina loves to run, and if the O-line is healthy, they will run alot.

Mental

Would have loved to see Stewart have a season as the premier back. Good for Panthers.. not quite so good for Stewart.

Remote Controller

Goodson's worth took a big hit here as well. He was kinda of a salty looking grab with DeWill gone. Now he basically reverts back to last years numbers. Great #4 back on return yard leagues with injury upside.

bobbeaux

i normally try to avoid players coming back from injury, so i'm leary of williams anyway and i'm expecting 8 in the box until the qb makes them cover . . . he killed me last year w/ the injury.

i'm considering him as a keeper out of 5 w/ aj, white, and r rice definite . . . w/ schaub, wayne, williams and holmes to choose from . . . i'm trying to work a trade w/ a rb heavy owner . . . he's currently keeping brees, apd, mcfadden, mendy, and ca johnson . . . it's not ppr, and i offered wayne for mendenhall straight up . . . does that seem even? . . . i haven't got a response yet.

Last edited by a moderator: