Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Reggie Wayne, Indianapolis

Votes: 9 52.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
If you need a refresher on the rules for the series or a run down of previous match-ups? Here is the rules and history thread:
"Close Calls 2010" - A Sports Outlaw Exclusive
Remember, this is based on re-draft leagues and non ppr scoring.

Today's Match-up:
Randy Moss vs Reggie Wayne

Last Year's Stats:
Randy Moss - 16 gms - 83 rec - 1,264 rec yds - 13 TD's
Reggie Wayne - 16 gms - 100 rec - 1,264 rec yds - 10 TD's

Today's match-up is between two LEGENDS who may both find themselves in Canton some day. No other intro is needed for this one! So which one is worth the pick? That is the question in today's close call!

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
These two are as steady as the come. Going with Moss for only one reason, higher ceiling due to insane TD potential. May be the best TD receiver of all time. Guy can flat out score.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Well I voted gentlemen and you too Tekie before I read your comments and of course I went with Wayne. I agree that Moss playing for a new contract next year makes this a close call in my own mind but I can't go against the consistency that Wayne has put up year after year. Plus Moss is getting a wee bit long in the tooth. I'll bet you both (Tekie & Miller) that Wayne outscores Moss in my $$ league this season. You both know the rules there. Say $500,000 each?

cctekguy

Staff member
So what about the bet Tekie? Any thing besides talk coming from you.

Hang On....Lemme do some ciphering.

Lets see, you gave me a million vbucks on that stupid Shonn Greene bet, when I win this bet, that will be 1.5 million, WHOOPS...where did you get all that money from?....Been lighting Miller's pipe for him?....I guess you can afford to lose so....

It's a Deal

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
As much as i think R.Moss will put up some great numbers in his audition for his next team,
cant forget his slacker years in Oakland :xpissed:

Reggie Wayne will be P.Manning favorite target again so my vote is his

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I too went with Wayne. I am not solid on this one. Indy will pass, and pass alot. however, they have tons of targets. Clark, Wayne, Garcon, Collie and maybe even Gonzales.

My vote goes to Wayne more for what is happening in NE. O-line issues, Brady having contract issues. Moss knowing he is out the door next year, Welker may be back.....

Just leads me to go more consistant performer which is Wayne.

Remote Controller

Moss doesn't have the "in game heart" to fight double coverage. He'll get after it when he's given single coverage and an open post, but the plays he takes off are the plays Reggie walks by him.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
I really think a lot of this vote has to do with how risk adverse you are. Wayne seems like the more stable, safer pick. Moss, due in most part to things that happened over 3 years ago in oakland, is seen as a riskier pick that could blow up in your face. The upside is undeniable, but will you take the risk?

For me, it's Moss and I honestly don't believe it's close.

Moss: Has one more elite year in him. Contract year and playing for his last contract. The Pats should be throwing heavily and often, the running game does not have a true workhorse. Brady is now 2 years off his ACL surgery and with Revis potentiallly out of the picture, that only boosts his value. I think the Brady/Moss connection is big this year and the upside for 15+ TDs is too much to pass up.

Wayne: 32 years old and on the decline. It's happened 2 straight years now where Wayne has an unproductive 2nd half.

His numbers starting week 12 2010 (courtesy of Walterfootball):

@ TEX: 3 catches, 19 yards. 1 TD.
vs. TENN: 4 catches, 48 yards. 0 TDs.
vs. DEN: 4 catches, 43 yards. 0 TDs.
@ JAX: 5 catches, 132 yards. 1 TD.
vs. NYJ (2 1/2 quarters): 3 catches, 33 yards. 0 TDs.
vs. BALT (playoffs): 8 catches, 63 yards. 1 TD.
vs. NYJ (playoffs): 3 catches, 55 yards. 0 TDs.
vs. NO (Super Bowl): 5 catches, 46 yards. 0 TDs.

Besides the Jaguars game, hardly WR1 numbers. The knee was hurting him and as a 32 year old, that's cause for concern.

Plus, the Colts are starting a newer, younger WR regime with Garcon, Collie, possibly Gonzo and Peyton's favorite target now...Clark.

I don't think the risk is worth it.