Cam Newton

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
WOW, have to say he makes Carolina interesting. What a debut despite taking the loss, and to think he did it today mostly with his arm and not his legs. He looks to be a star in the making for sure.

mudloggerone

Outlaw
Administrator
Could you hold off on that type of talk until the ww runs Miller?

:biglaugh:

I had him as my 3 thanks to Manning this week. Grabbed him and dropped him. He won't be there when I reach this time. Sad thing is it's a keeper league and next year he'd have cost me a 16th round to keep.

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Pretty damn impressive. Count me as a new believer. Granted I think Arizona's defense will suck this year...but still, 422 yards in the air, plus the rush yards.... :wow:

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
422 on Arizona tells me on a normal defense he could average in the 225-250 range. For a team like the Panthers thats Brady likei

derringer007

"Its An Outrage"
Im going to wait & see for a few weeks to see if Cam falls flat on his face or not before i jump on the band wagon.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
An aggressive defense might play right into his game. Hes used to begin targeted...it may take someone just laying back,rushing four, and giving him fits on disguised coverages.

From what I saw of the game Arizona blitzed the crap out of him and he cashed them in faster than his daddy did Auburn's payment.

Remote Controller

I was talking to Coach about this before his first game. The best read I had on this situation was how Steve Smith went from "gotta be gone", to "I'm gonna hang here" after he met this kid. It worked for Steve, and i feel we will watch this kid excell for the next decade!

cctekguy

Staff member
I hope you're just crying for dramatic effect, Mud.

You're in the cat seat.

Just lay low until some sucker drops a REAL QB to make room for him ( I can see Eli Manning on the ww as we speak).

Cam could be a fun investment for the future but if you grab him as your starter, you'll find yourself starting Alex Smith by seasons end.

Remote Controller

Cam has returned some fantasy relevance to the Panthers whether he prooves to be the great NFL QB or not. I think he is gonna be pretty good in both cases. There will be bumps along the way, but not like the roadkill they drove over to get here. Lets just say 10 or 12 other franchises are wishing right now they had those bumps to cross over.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Still not a beleiver. Its one game. It was Arizona. Who they playing next? Know in week 3 we go into Carolina and play them.

#1bears fan

I hope he torches GB this week but I have a feeling Clay Matthews is going to welcome him to the NFL officially Sunday!

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Your both right. His introduction to the nfl will be this week when they catch him. Big test this week for him. Arizona did sack him 4 times last week and they suck, so be interesting to see how GB does against him.