Broncos release McGahee

efactor

Coming at you
Not really surprising. Word is it was either Moreno or Willis.

I have been surprised on the low ranking of Ball in redraft. I think he will start and have a pretty nice season as a rookie in that offense.

Arctic Dawgs

Saw a recent report that Hillman is getting 75% of the 1st team reps, but that is expected to change with Ball being 1A and Hillman 1B

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
I think it will be heavy RBBC in denver, with Ball, Hillman and Moreno. Not sure on splits. But then again, Moreno will get hurt quickly.

As for Ball, I like him, but look for more passing from Manning, so maybe Hillman is the guy to target? :dunno:

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
Ball is quickly becoming my RB 2 in terms of rookies. He will fit nicely in Denver. I see Hillman more as a change of pace guy.

efactor

Coming at you
Ball is quickly becoming my RB 2 in terms of rookies. He will fit nicely in Denver. I see Hillman more as a change of pace guy.

That's kind of my thought too. Especially in redraft. Dynasty or keeper, he drops a spot or two....................

Escrow

Ball has always been a RB2 in my eyes...Denver didn't use a 2nd round pick for him to sit on the bench, personally I think Hillman left college a bit to early and is still a few years out of being relevant. Peyton likes to use his RB's as safety nets and Hillman had 33 catches in his two years at SD State. Ball is a guy who led the NCAA in yards from scrimmage in 2011 and is 15th all time in the NCAA in the same stat.

Ball will be a star for years to come....

efactor

Coming at you
I think it will be heavy RBBC in denver, with Ball, Hillman and Moreno. Not sure on splits. But then again, Moreno will get hurt quickly.

As for Ball, I like him, but look for more passing from Manning, so maybe Hillman is the guy to target? :dunno:

I don't think so. Ball as the starter and Hillman as COP back. Moreno has the same role he had last year prior to McGahee getting hurt or steps into a 3rd down back role if Hillman doesn't step up.

I don't buy into the John Fox doesn't play rookies FF theory. Elway and especially Manning call the shots. As long as Ball is OK in pass protection, he will be the guy.

gizzil

Incidentally I kinda feel bad for willis. He keeps getting moved and dropped... then performs... then kicked to the curb.

gizzil

eh... id say Mcgahee was a much more integral part and performed better over a longer sample size, but dont have the time to back it up with numbers just now...

gizzil

Fine assholes... since most of you are fathers, I'll let it slode and do my own research - Happy Father's Day!!

Garcia spent 5 years with the 9ers, had 2 winning seasons and won 1 playoff game('02), won another playoff game in 06 as an eagle, took two other teams to the playoffs (07 tampa and 01 SF)

Mcgahee spent 3 years with buffalo kicking ass but not making the playoffs, almost helping them to in his rookie campaign... between 08-10 the Ravens won 4 playoff games, albeit mostly with Mcgahee as the short yardage and TD back. 2011 he was an integral part of that dazzling tebow offense and they pulled that miracle win over steelers... 2012 he is oft injured and not the only back running in the manning system... they kick ass in the regular season and the ravens needed a miracle blown coverage at the worst time ever to win - although i certainly would not pin any of the Bronco success of 2012 on Mcgahee.

All in all, I guess they are pretty similar if you look at overall stats/fantasy points and consider their positions. I will say the "similar players" to Garcia are FAR more impressive, however (Marino, Unitas, Manning, Warner, Aikman, Thiesmann, Namath - vs Gerry Ellis, Marion Barber, Eric Metcalf, Jim Nance) . and I suppose the QB is more responsible for team performance than RB. I thought Mcgahee would end up looking way better but they are pretty even. Mcgahee's teams have more success but performance wise and importance to the team garcia looks damn good!!

Sweet parallel Escrow!!

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Reports out now is Denver let him go due to physical issues. McGahee says he is fine, but Denver says opposite. Not sure how this will effect his market, if he has any.

preeti222

Hopefully one of the remaining backs can block. Hillman sure couldn't last year, and Moreno will be injured again as soon as someone sneezes in his direction. Montae Ball better be the real deal, or there will be no running game in Denver.