Brady suspension for 4 games reinstated by courts

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Looks like the appeals course has turned things around and will uphold the suspension of 4 games for Brady.

Wow, I had heard rumblings that the trials for the appeal were more NFL pro, but I had not thought this would get overturned.

Looks like Brady is guilty..........;)

catman

Baseball "Expert"
The ruling is a win for Godell. He has the authority to suspend players as he sees fit to do.

Phicinfan

Administrator
in the latest news, the appeal by the NFLPA and Brady to have case reheard by full Appellate court was denied. His ONLY option now is to go to the US Supreme Court. What a mess...

KillerFins

Staff member
It's the NFLPA's doing, they had issues with how Goodell handled discipline before the last CBA agreement, for whatever reason the decided other issues were of more importance. ($$$$) Both sides are just grandstanding for position of power. I think Brady did have a general sense of what was happening. While there isn't a smoking gun,I do believe all of the evidence points to him having some involvement, or some knowledge of the happeneings. If he would have just admitted that the told his staff the he likes his balls slightly deflated all of this could have been avoided, he simply could have claimed he had no knowledge of their actions would be believable. But he panicked, and decided to lie and that is where he got himself into hot water.

Disclaimer, I'm a huge Dolphins fan, and I love to hate on Brady, BB & the Patriots. But I can be objective. Both BB & Brady are in the discussion for GOAT, so while I love to hate on them & wish they'd both retire already, I have much respect for both. While I do think Brady deserves to be punished, it's more for lying than the actual crime. If the US Supreme Court hears this, I'll be shocked and dismayed. I'm not a lawyer but from what I've read this isn't US Supreme Court material, and I doubt they'd want to waste time on such a matter.

Phicinfan

Administrator
It's the NFLPA's doing, they had issues with how Goodell handled discipline before the last CBA agreement, for whatever reason the decided other issues were of more importance. ($$$$) Both sides are just grandstanding for position of power. I think Brady did have a general sense of what was happening. While there isn't a smoking gun,I do believe all of the evidence points to him having some involvement, or some knowledge of the happeneings. If he would have just admitted that the told his staff the he likes his balls slightly deflated all of this could have been avoided, he simply could have claimed he had no knowledge of their actions would be believable. But he panicked, and decided to lie and that is where he got himself into hot water.

Disclaimer, I'm a huge Dolphins fan, and I love to hate on Brady, BB & the Patriots. But I can be objective. Both BB & Brady are in the discussion for GOAT, so while I love to hate on them & wish they'd both retire already, I have much respect for both. While I do think Brady deserves to be punished, it's more for lying than the actual crime. If the US Supreme Court hears this, I'll be shocked and dismayed. I'm not a lawyer but from what I've read this isn't US Supreme Court material, and I doubt they'd want to waste time on such a matter.
Welcome back Fins!

hikeNbike

I think this is bunk. But big on Tom to recognize that supreme Court has more important cases to handle and will serve the suspension. This was a witch hunt from the beginning. It's pretty clear at this point that there was no cheating that occurred nfl jumped the gun and couldn't admit they were in the wrong due to Goodell ego

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Arctic Dawgs

No Cheating ?? LOL

What blows me away is that Billichek didn't get suspended for 6 months or more. Look at all the shit that has happened under his watch

efactor

Coming at you
No Cheating ?? LOL

What blows me away is that Billichek didn't get suspended for 6 months or more. Look at all the shit that has happened under his watch

Yeah, 4 Super Bowl titles and the hate that comes with being a part of a winning organization. Ban him for life!

Phicinfan

Administrator
No Cheating ?? LOL

NE did lose a 1st round pick, I think that is sufficient for punishment for the team...don't you?

KillerFins

Staff member
I think this is bunk. But big on Tom to recognize that supreme Court has more important cases to handle and will serve the suspension. This was a witch hunt from the beginning. It's pretty clear at this point that there was no cheating that occurred nfl jumped the gun and couldn't admit they were in the wrong due to Goodell ego

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

You think that was the reason he didn't pursue the SC appeal?? I'd hazard a guess that the reason they accepted the 4 game suspension is that if hte appealed and got a stay, the four games could have come later in the season, even the playoffs. Much easier for BB & the pats to plan for the first four games.

It wasn't a witch hunt. And it wasn't clear. Sure, no smoking gun per say, but plenty of circumstantial evidance. The NFL brought the hammer down due to their slap on the wrist of SpyGate.

It's the players and the NFLPA own fault, they gave Goodell the power when they signed the last CBA. They had issues with him before but choose to concede that point in favor of other concessions.

Phicinfan

Administrator
Here is the key, most keep missing. This was bargained in the agreement with the Union, and the league. The reason the first appeal got turned over, is the 2nd court clearly said this was a bargained deal, and the judge clearly over stepped his bounds to over turn it.

Like it or not, if the NFLPA doesn't get this changed in the next agreement, the NFL will be able to do what it wants, and the SC would not have overturned it.

KillerFins

Staff member
Here is the key, most keep missing. This was bargained in the agreement with the Union, and the league. The reason the first appeal got turned over, is the 2nd court clearly said this was a bargained deal, and the judge clearly over stepped his bounds to over turn it.

Like it or not, if the NFLPA doesn't get this changed in the next agreement, the NFL will be able to do what it wants, and the SC would not have overturned it.

Look up... ;)