Boise State beats down Oregon

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
It wasnt pretty, and it ended with one of the cheapest displays in the last few seasons, but Boise State slays another "big boy".

Boise State rode a suffocating defense, shutting down big mouth LeGarrette Blount and Jeremiah Masoli en route to a 19-8 win.

The game was pure ugly in the first half as Oregon holds the ball for just under 6 min, gets no 1st downs, and racks up a whopping 14 yards of offense.

In the second half the game got sloppy with multiple turnovers for both teams, but when it counted, the Boise State defense rose up and held an allegedly prolific Oregon offense to junk.

The win was marred by the after game trash of Blount, who was a shining example of a sore loser (and a piece of winged garbage). More on Blounts crap here:

http://www.sofantasyfootball.com/nf...unt-should-suspended-season-29305/#post325925

For the Ducks, a suspension or removal from the team of their #1 RB should occur within the next couple days. The Ducks will then have to regroup to try and avoid a horrific start to the schedule.

The Broncs will take this win and move on toward an alleged date with another BCS heavyweight in January.

MtTacWa

Old Jackass...
Boise St should have lead this game 35-0 at the half....2 missed FG's didn't help much.
Oregon held to 20 total Offense yards at the end of 3 Quarters...
Just as I suspected, Oregon Defense Overrated....164 Rushing Yards for the Broncos.

Oregon will be lucky to remain in the Top 25 by Tuesday...

Kingdome

FOOTBALL!
I was the Seahawks-Raiders game, so I missed the fun, but I am watching the replay on ESPN2 right now!

I live an hour south of Seattle & had a fun ride home listening to the national Fox Sports Radio show ripping apart Oregon.

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
I missed it also, watched the Steelers preseason game, and thankfully nobody got hurt. Seems like i didn't miss much anyways, except for the tussle at the end of the game. Read the articles and watched the highlights on tv though and looks like this could be a long long season for Oregon if thats all that offense has to offer esp with this beginning of the year brutal schedule. Maybe they'll get lucky and pull out 6 wins, go to a bowl against ND and play for the bowl of crap trophy. Now wouldn't that just be the most boring game, it 'd be a battle of punts and who sucked less.

Miller

Who Dey
Administrator
not the score i expected, but the result was the same as I figured. This loss could be much worse than just the game for Oregon as they may have just lost their star RB as well for his meltdown.