Best young QB in the NFL today?

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Franchise Owners:

Who is the best young QB in the National Football League right now? Who do you want leading your team? Who are you glad you drafted this summer in the hopes that he'd continue to develop?

Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
Matt Stafford
Mark Sanchez
Josh Freeman
Sam Bradford

NFL Videos: Inside the NFL: Best young QB

Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco go H2H for the first time in their careers tonight!

Remote Controller

Franchise Owners:

Who is the best young QB in the National Football League right now? Who do you want leading your team? Who are you glad you drafted this summer in the hopes that he'd continue to develop?

Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
Matt Stafford
Mark Sanchez
Josh Freeman
Sam Bradford

I'd almost say freeman, as he doing good with the least. Bradford probably, though SJax does help. Flacco, Ryan, and Sanchez have the benefit of talent around them in all phases. Stafford can't be considered because he can't stay on the field. Colt's first 3 games vs. PIT. NOS, and NEP, have been pretty good though.

Last edited by a moderator:

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
I really like Freeman too. He's just as young as the budding talent around him so being a leader on the field is requiring him to mature very quickly. But he hasn't quite learned to anticipate the passing game yet. He's still relying on what he sees where as Ryan has the ability to anticipate his WO.

Sanchez has been a bit of a disappointment in comparison. He's working hard but needs more time in the oven to develop his flavors.

Bradford is doing better than I expected him to do this year considering the crazy amount of pressure he has on his shoulders coming into the NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:

MNJHNSN

I'd almost say freeman, as he doing good with the least. Bradford probably, thought SJax does help. Flacco, Ryan, and Sanchez have the benefit of talent around them in all phases. Stafford can't be considered because he can't stay on the field. Colt's first 3 games vs. PIT. NOS, and NEP, have been pretty good.

Got to agree with RC here. Freeman is turning a lot of heads.

2minutedrill

I'm betting on Bradford now and in the future. However i must say i don't really remember seeing freeman play in college. BTW RZR - what's the inside scoop on blount next year - is hubby taking his spot?

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
Unfortunately, that remains to be seen. Blount is turning some serious heads and gaining momentum with his ability to break through the line and make plays. However, he's seriously lacking in the ability to pass protect. Caddy is a great pass protector but isn't moving the chains anymore. Right now, the Bucs have to merry-ro-round these guys in order to keep the defenses from picking up on the obvious run formations.

With Huggins, he was developing not only as a runner but as reliable pass protector which is why both Raheem Morris and I married him. So right now, it looks like Caddy is the one with the most job insecurity when Huggins regains his health, all things being equal in 2011. But that also largely depends on how Blount's skills do or don't progress throughout the remainder of this year and what shape Huggins can return in post-recovery.

Greg Olsen is committed to developing the running game and he's the kind of play caller who loves an arsenal of weapons instead of an AP or MJD. So that leaves me to believe that if he had the opportunity to fire Blount, Caddy, Huggins and the occasional Earnest Graham he'd be a happy happy man and we'd be a happier-higher scoring team.

I would throw Colt McCoy in the mix. Too bad he doesn't have the talent around him but despite the lack of tools around him, he's looked sharp. Dare I say, Peyton'esque.

If the Brown pick up some WR talent in next year's draft, then I would draft McCoy in a keeper and or standard league. At the very least as a QB flyer.

Remote Controller

I'd almost say freeman, as he doing good with the least. Bradford probably, though SJax does help. Flacco, Ryan, and Sanchez have the benefit of talent around them in all phases. Stafford can't be considered because he can't stay on the field. Colt's first 3 games vs. PIT. NOS, and NEP, have been pretty good though.
Colt is a winner and just has that special something!

RZR

Sun-kissed & restless
I have to agree. I drafted him in Dynasty thinking he'd be viable next year. But when my other QBs went down around the same time Clevelands did, Colt has been fearless taking the reigns, the hits and making plays.

Sgt John

Sith Lord of T&A
Colt was a winner in college, and its his accuracy and humbleness that set him apart. He never puts himself above the team, he has a positive attitude no matter the situation, and he never wants to stop learning. Colt and Sam are everything Clausen will never be.
Posted via Mobile Device

Phicinfan

Expert on nothing, opinionated on everything
Administrator
Franchise Owners:

Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco
Matt Stafford
Mark Sanchez
Josh Freeman
Sam Bradford

I think the comparisons are a little unfair.

Ryan has 3 years in the league. Flacco has almost that many. Of those two i would take Ryan. Although I do think flacco will be good for a while.

As for Stafford and Sanchez and Freeman, I would lean Freeman now. Stafford has skills, but i think the shoulder issues will be long term now. Sanchez to me will be another Dilfer. The def. and off. set up will protect him.

I love what Bradford has done. On a very bad team. If St. Louis can continue to rebuild, I think they have found a winner.

Remote Controller

I think the comparisons are a little unfair.

Ryan has 3 years in the league. Flacco has almost that many. Of those two i would take Ryan. Although I do think flacco will be good for a while.

As for Stafford and Sanchez and Freeman, I would lean Freeman now. Stafford has skills, but i think the shoulder issues will be long term now. Sanchez to me will be another Dilfer. The def. and off. set up will protect him.

I love what Bradford has done. On a very bad team. If St. Louis can continue to rebuild, I think they have found a winner.
This is just about exactly the way I feel.

Osiris

Fantasy Football Pharaoh
I gotta say...that Josh Freeman kid looks pretty good. He's HUGE. He's the size of Daunte Culpepper, but with more skill. He's gonna be a stud in the NFL, especially with Mike Williams working out so well.

Matt Stafford is made of GLASS. :mad:

Bradford is the real deal, but I don't like him. He didn't enter the draft because he didn't want the Lions to draft him. Instead, the Lions drafted Stafford and his glass shoulder. Can't you tell I'm a little bitter?

Cerberus

In Dog We Trust
Bradford and Mccoy are the real deal. What they have accomplished with not much around them shows it. Not giving up on Stafford yet, still believe he can be successful, depending on alot of things tho. Clausen, who knows, so far nothing. Maybe a different situation he could do it.